Why Do You Think S9 Has New FW?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

yankee495

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 13, 2007
Southwest Missouri
I have been going to buy a second HD receiver for quite some time. I haven't because I am not happy with the S9 support. The clock, green pictures, months with no FW release and maybe even hardware issues. When you plug in a HDD it does some strange stuff.

I don't aim to knock the box so bad, just the support. We all love the box, hate the FW issues and it is still a good deal.

And along came a FW programmer working on a receiver called a Manhattan RS-1933. There have been rumors for months and myself and other people thought, oh, another 3602 cheap box. From what I have read that is not the case and it may actually get some FW fixes, and upgrades. Upgrades add features and fixes fix broken things as in the S9.

So, I believe no matter how you feel about the Manhattan RS-1933 you have or will reap the benefits of it coming to market in the form of new FW for the S9! It seems the S9 team didn't care until competition showed up on the block.

It sure seems like the boss got on someones back to get those bugs fixed!!!!!!

I'm sure they read these boards and without those bugs fixed I will be buying a MH! Some people are complaining about the cost, so am I. But you must realize that the S9 has came down in price as will the MH after they recover a little of the R&D cost.

They say they have put a clone killer in the new FW. I understand there may be clones out there but didn't we pay for them? They have no right to kill our boxes. What they need to do is program the FW to recognize a clone and shut off the signal...no picture! Just block the clones from using their FW.

Anyway, I hope the folks at Manhattan read this and avoid these mistakes made by the S9 team as I'd be glad to support a good quality box through a higher price. You get what you pay for.

My statement about S9 hardware issues is related to how it acts with a powered HDD plugged in and the clock. I have never seen a working clock and I don't believe mine is a clone.

I believe the people at Manhattan have been reading these boards for a long time and that is why the RS-1933 is on the market today. To provide a good solid box that works as it should for a reasonable price. And I do believe the price is reasonable to cover the R&D and support they are promising.

I'm going to wait just a short time longer and see how all of this plays out.

Welcome to the show!

when i read the manhattan cant do diseqc 1.1 any hopes i had for good support vanished. it shoulda came outta the start gate with such an essential feature. im not paying more for less features and a promise. seems thats always been the box makers deal.

crackt out,.

Yeah, I read that AND the switch/motor combo issue. It does seem that these 3602 chips are sold with basic FW that has all the same bugs but I know that is not the case.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)