Why does it take Skyangel 4 days (business) to activate channels?

mattb

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Columbus, OH, USA
This doesnt make sense. It takes Skyangel 4 days to give a customer programming (even if they already paid for it) but You can buy E*s programming and they can hit your receiver in a seconds notice. You would think Skyangel would be able to contact someone and hit your receiver for the programming that you rightfully paid for.

Because they have to notify E* and E* is not in any hurry to activate sky angel subs.

SA is supposed to get direct access to the authorization stream. Then again, SA is supposed to launch their own satellite and build and operate their own uplink. The cost of being at the mercy of E* to even BE a service is sometimes high.

JL

I don't know if they are still in the dark ages as far as activations go, when I signed up years ago, they told me they actually FAX over the daily batch of activation requests and they go in somebody's queue at E*.

A couple three years ago it took them four days I believe to get SA activated for a customer of mine.

Most of the time they now do better tha four days. The ones
I have done lately usually take a little over a day not bad considering,

Now only if I can get ahold of CS at Skyangel to solve my problems... I waited on hold for 45 minutes one call and 30 the other and didnt not get a human.

I didn't have to wait 3-4 days....

When i hooked up my satellite for SA, i immediately began recieving their signal w/all their channels. I didn't have to wait 3-4 days. I did call ahead to activate the reciever, then setup the equipment, but waited until after i had everything set up before calling and actually subscribing to the channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)