Why does my Hopper/Sling use two tuners to record the same program?

Dacar92

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 14, 2011
chicago
The DVR alerts me when it needs the tuner I am watching to record a scheduled program. This is ok and if there were no other tuners available I would understand this behavior. But it alerts me when there are other tuners available. It then proceeds to change my channel to the program being recorded. I go to the tuner usage button (red button on remote) and note that it is using two tuners to record the program it just alerted me about. I then have to end one and re-tune to whatever I was watching.

Is there any way to change this behavior? If there is a tuner available, just use it. It doesn't need to even alert me.

Reactions: pattykay
The DVR alerts me when it needs the tuner I am watching to record a scheduled program. This is ok and if there were no other tuners available I would understand this behavior. But it alerts me when there are other tuners available. It then proceeds to change my channel to the program being recorded. I go to the tuner usage button (red button on remote) and note that it is using two tuners to record the program it just alerted me about. I then have to end one and re-tune to whatever I was watching.

Is there any way to change this behavior? If there is a tuner available, just use it. It doesn't need to even alert me.
If you're talking about local channels and/or using PTAT, those are always going to be on the last tuner. (3 for a Hopper 1 or 2, 5 with a Super Joey) If it's using 2 tuners, the first thing I'd do is look at your timers list and make sure you don't have duplicate timers setup, for example.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I've seen that happen when I have back to back programs on the same channel set to record with the default set to start a couple of minutes early and end a couple of minutes late to avoid getting cut off.

Mine does the same thing. Nothing else recording or set to record and it will change the channel when the recording starts. I just push recall and go back to the channel I was originally watching. Pain in the rear!!

Sent from my cheap phone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: pattykay
When I saw that happening, it was usually because the timers are set up to run atleast one minute over their regular time, and it’s two back to back shows on the same channel.

Reactions: NYDutch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts