why does the az box lose video now?

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
happened three or 4 times so far. i was getting frustrated over the positions of the diseqc1.2 so went to factory default and started programing it again. this is an az premium plus. i did get the video thanks to the setup info to change pal to ntsc. when i am not using the box i put it into sleep mode. a few times when i boot it up now, li have no video and have to go through the pal to ntsc sequence. i did have a usb flash drive in the unit so removed that this morning. that might have been the problem but i didn't have any firmware on the flash drive. btw, i had to change to the azbox because my openbox s9 was stuck on the 'on' display. powersupply problem again. openbox s9 is so much easier to operate than the azbox. hope the microhd is easier to operate than the azbox. charlie

Instead of putting it into SLEEP mode, do a SHUTDOWN, and turn it off with the switch at the back. It may help to do that once (and then you can go back to putting it in SLEEP mode after that). It may be the case that a complete SHUTDOWN will save the settings, whereas the SLEEP mode doesn't (and then it may lose it). Just a suspicion, so give it a try and see if it helps.

Instead of putting it into SLEEP mode, do a SHUTDOWN, and turn it off with the switch at the back. It may help to do that once (and then you can go back to putting it in SLEEP mode after that). It may be the case that a complete SHUTDOWN will save the settings, whereas the SLEEP mode doesn't (and then it may lose it). Just a suspicion, so give it a try and see if it helps.

Also in the menu switch the 'start in TV mode' to ON that cured it for me

the last time it happened i went through the settings again and did change that to the tv. and i will do the complete shutdown, power off, and then see what happens. have to see what happens when i record now. i wanted to record suu kyi's acceptance speech but it just came up with a screen i am not familiar with. i have a 500g drive formatted by the azbox. at least the azbox works when i hook it up. i did get the openbox working. changed two 200mf/35v electrolytics in the power supply. the capacitors were unused but 40 years old out of my old supply when i was working electronics. had to slick up the leads before the solder would stick. but at least the openbox is working again on the other dish... charlie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts