Why does the Traxis 2500 Allow me to scan for scrambled channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rjc3895

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
I was just curious as to why my Traxis 2500 allows me to scan for scrambled channels. The receiver has no slots for access or decryption cards; therefore, I would assume that I can only get FTA with this receiver. Can I purchase some sort of add-on that will allow me to purchase the pay channels?

True, there is no point scanning for scrambled channels as you will just have to delete them all, and that could be hundreds of channels if you pointed at a Dishnetwork satellite, you cant add anything to it to bring you the pay channels, there are other receivers with card slots.... for the pay channels but not the Traxis. Now and again I have seen the word scrambled but the channel was in the clear!

PSB said:
True, there is no point scanning for scrambled channels as you will just have to delete them all, and that could be hundreds of channels if you pointed at a Dishnetwork satellite, you cant add anything to it to bring you the pay channels, there are other receivers with card slots.... for the pay channels but not the Traxis. Now and again I have seen the word scrambled but the channel was in the clear!

Exactly. I was trying to get the audio channels on the E* bird, but they kept saying they were scrambeled, but they were not. So it's not all bad to scan for those too.

rjc3895 said:
I was just curious as to why my Traxis 2500 allows me to scan for scrambled channels. QUOTE]

Because some people just like to know where all the channels are and sometimes scrambled channels unscramble for a while.

The best reason, though, is probalby because it uses the same software as a different receiver, which does allow access to scrambled content.

You should emphasize that those other receivers are illegal to use for viewing scrambled content. If we don't emphasize it enough on here, there are people who take things out of context and could believe we're promoting those activities. And then there are people who naively convince themselves that since someone mentions that in a certain tone, and doesn't mention it's illegal, that from reading that one post, will convince themselves it's really OK to do...

I'm not trying to be overly critical of mkm4's post (or of mkm4), just clarifying for others who may be less informed about the legality of that, and the intents of this particular site.

very true

Sometimes when Dish does a "test" channel (like when they had the CCTV channels FTA for a while), its nice to scan. However, when it logs 400+ bogus/scrambled channels, its not worth it sometimes :)

Thanks for the all of the replies.

By the way, it's amazing how much easier it is to find a quality signal when the dish is mounted on a 90 degree poll :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LNBF Selection Question

X1 Class Solar Flare Just Occured / Poor reception

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts