Why doesn't DirecTv offer a superstation package?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hoopty

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
I saw that DishNetwork offers a "superstation" package. I was wondering why DirecTv doesnt offer such a package? Here are the channels in DishNetwork's "superstation" package:

SUPERSTATIONS
Congratulations! This address is eligible for all Superstations.

Superstations - $5.99 per month
Station Affiliate Dish Channel Number
DENVER KWGN WB 235
LOS ANGELES KTLA WB 232
NEW YORK WPIX WB 234
BOSTON WSBK UPN 8775
NEW YORK WWOR UPN 238

Thanks!

I honestly don't want to offend anyone here, but are you saying that DISH can actually call 3 WB's & 2 UPN's a Superstation package, and people will pay $5.99 for it?

I saw that DishNetwork offers a "superstation" package. I was wondering why DirecTv doesnt offer such a package? Here are the channels in DishNetwork's "superstation" package:

SUPERSTATIONS
Congratulations! This address is eligible for all Superstations.

Superstations - $5.99 per month
Station Affiliate Dish Channel Number
DENVER KWGN WB 235
LOS ANGELES KTLA WB 232
NEW YORK WPIX WB 234
BOSTON WSBK UPN 8775
NEW YORK WWOR UPN 238

Thanks!

I don't know but I'll take a guess in that these "superstations" have signed an exclusive contract with E*.

I recently switched from Dish Network to DirecTV, and one of the things I miss about Dish is the Supersation package. I wish DirecTV had the Superstations.

I used to have The Superstations because DirecTV refused to offer them. When the WB and UPN merged to become The CW and then MyNetwork was created from the leftovers, I dropped it. The stations listed as WB and UPN are now either CW or MyNetwork now.

Go back about 8 years and search all the major forums like here, AVS, DBSTalk and even the Tivo forum for you answers. It's been brought up many times for many years. Basically DirecTV didn't see any financial gain in it vs. the cost of doing it. There really aren't all that many people that get it from dish (tens of thousands) so why go after them? Just by offering YES network they have more subs coming to them then the superstations have given Dish over the years. :D

What I find comical is that DISH was banned from offering Distants,but they can still offer a Superstation Pak?.I really don't see a difference.:rolleyes:
differance is superstations pack doesnt have the big 4
money talks and chuck usually walks
i get my distants through dtv now

That package used to be great for sports fans. The Red sox were on WSBK, the Rockies on KWGN, Dodgers on KTLA, plus some other stuff. They do not carry many games any more, but I wish we had them. I emailed D* more than 10 times for this package, but it didnt help. I wish D* would pick these up.

What I find comical is that DISH was banned from offering Distants,but they can still offer a Superstation Pak?.I really don't see a difference.:rolleyes:
You can get Distant Networks,Just another company gives them to you.I even got them too!$9.99 per month for East and West ,ABC,NBC,CBS,and FOX. But guess what ??? NOT IN HD. Damn!! Still come football season ,It should be great.

The Superstation Package originated during Echostar's big dish C-band days, which is where the company started.

The continued existance of the package is probably based more on tradition than anything else.

You can get Distant Networks,Just another company gives them to you.I even got them too!$9.99 per month for East and West ,ABC,NBC,CBS,and FOX. But guess what ??? NOT IN HD. Damn!! Still come football season ,It should be great.

Do you know if its possible to get a west feed on the east coast from DirecTv? Thanks!

I think only if you can't get Locals in you area.What is your Zip?

My zip is 27617

I was able to get waivers already have an HD feed from NY for CBS, NBC and ABC, but not a standard definition feed. It would be cool to get west coast too. Its more on my schedule.

Thanks.

My zip is 27617

I was able to get waivers already have an HD feed from NY for CBS, NBC and ABC, but not a standard definition feed. It would be cool to get west coast too. Its more on my schedule.

Thanks.
Well from what I see ,You have a local channel lineup, with HD locals. Really you shouldn't be receiving any Distant Networks. Type in your Zip and see for yourself. DIRECTV - Local Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)