Why Doesn't My Dvr Like House?!?!?!

bcshields

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 28, 2003
Delaware
I swear it always screws up recording House. I'm about to throw the damn SA8000 into the street.

It only freezes when it records that show.. twice it's happened now.

Nevermind... it decided to pause for 15 minutes for dramatic effect. Right when we realize House is the druggie patient.

It just froze and came back on it's own after 15 minutes. God I hope it recorded the rest of today's shows without flaws... I'm swapping this out after the season is over.

GaryPen said:
Maybe they gave you a special "ex-Dish customer" model, so you'd feel right at home.

I've never been a Dish customer, but I find it hard to believe (not impossible, tho) that the Dish DVRs (er, DishPlayers...) are as bad as the SA or Moto cable DVR boxes. Looks like the new 942 is pretty good.

-John

Well, today I swapped that SOB out. Unfortunately they didn't have a different version, so I'm stuck with an SA8000. "Not available in your area."

I'd like to know why. As big as Comcast is, why is it that areas are brand specific?

bcshields said:
Well, today I swapped that SOB out. Unfortunately they didn't have a different version, so I'm stuck with an SA8000. "Not available in your area."

I'd like to know why. As big as Comcast is, why is it that areas are brand specific?

Same problem here!

Some have told me to be persistant and get a Moto box. However, I don't believe that is possible. I have heard the SA8000HD is the only box by many sources.

Atleast you get BUZZtime with the SA boxes! :)

-John

jgantert said:
I've never been a Dish customer, but I find it hard to believe (not impossible, tho) that the Dish DVRs (er, DishPlayers...) are as bad as the SA or Moto cable DVR boxes. Looks like the new 942 is pretty good.

-John
I cannot vouch for the Dish 942, or the SA8000, but I have had a number of Dish SD DVR's (501, 510, and 742), and their HD receiver (811). After only two days with the Comcast Motorola 6412 w/iGuide, I can honestly say that it is way better than both the 501/510 and the F'ed up 811. I do miss some things about the 721, but the 6412 has been as, if not more, reliable. It's EPG and functionality is as fast as the 721, and a little easier to use. OTOH, the 721 has some features lacking in the 6412.

I plan on posting a complete comparison of my experience with the HW, programming, and service of the two comapnies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)