Why double HD

I'm curious as to why people feel compelled to lock out channels as opposed to using custom lists.
There is more to it than just lists.

Ever try searching for movies (or anything for that matter) upcoming? If not, try it and you'll see (especially PPV's).

Also if you go to all HD list - you can have it actually be all the HD you receive programming for, minus the abundance of ones you don't.

Adult programming lockout is good as well - especially if you have kids reading the guide (they know how to press the guide button to 'all channels'.

Ever try searching for movies (or anything for that matter) upcoming? If not, try it and you'll see (especially PPV's).

Also if you go to all HD list - you can have it actually be all the HD you receive programming for, minus the abundance of ones you don't.

Adult programming lockout is good as well - especially if you have kids reading the guide (they know how to press the guide button to 'all channels'.

Oh, wow! I never thought of that... I've been using a custom list FOREVER, and always having to keep and eye or ear out for new channels, but the worst was searching for movies! Having to look through 3 listings of each movie (SD, HD lower, HD upper). Thanks for the channel blocking idea!!!

All the HD channels in the 9419-9599 range are duplicated in the lower range. However, there are some HD channels in the 360-399 range that are not in the 9000 range like MGM HD and Word Fishing Network.

See ya
Tony

Note 9416 is Nick HD and is also duplicated in the lower range.

You set up a password, then under locks you pick to hide locked channels, and then lock the channels you do not want any more. It is really fast since you get a list of all the channels and you scroll through and hit select on the ones you want to lock. You see the SD and HD version one right after the other on the list so you can easily spot the duplicates.

You set up a password, then under locks you pick to hide locked channels, and then lock the channels you do not want any more. It is really fast since you get a list of all the channels and you scroll through and hit select on the ones you want to lock. You see the SD and HD version one right after the other on the list so you can easily spot the duplicates.

cool thanks.

What gets my goat is when temporary channels show up in Searches. And what really gets my goat is the ghost search results, like a duplicate on 6001 and Spanish shows on 279. And if you block a channel that reports ghost programs, then the ghosts just move to a different channel.

Oh, wow! I never thought of that... I've been using a custom list FOREVER, and always having to keep and eye or ear out for new channels, but the worst was searching for movies! Having to look through 3 listings of each movie (SD, HD lower, HD upper). Thanks for the channel blocking idea!!!

new channels are added to favorites lists automatically.

What gets my goat is when temporary channels show up in Searches. And what really gets my goat is the ghost search results, like a duplicate on 6001 and Spanish shows on 279. And if you block a channel that reports ghost programs, then the ghosts just move to a different channel.
If I actually get the programming, I appreciate it showing up in a search (temp channel). But I could see where it might mess things up.

Ever do searches using dish.sling.com? It's about 1000 times better for searching (if you have ethernet connected to your receiver).

What do you mean about 'ghosts' moving to a different channel? I've never seen this nor heard about it.

If I actually get the programming, I appreciate it showing up in a search (temp channel). But I could see where it might mess things up.

Ever do searches using dish.sling.com? It's about 1000 times better for searching (if you have ethernet connected to your receiver).

What do you mean about 'ghosts' moving to a different channel? I've never seen this nor heard about it.
I am trying to set up a wireless network, but the adapter I picked up is not playing well with my router. Cannot wait to program DVR via computer.

By ghost I mean when you do a category search (such as "Movies-Horror") and the search displays the same result on channel 122 and 6001 for the same time slot. The movie is actually playing on 122 and 6001 is Sirius/XM top 40 hits 24x7. If you block 6001 and repeat the same search the ghost will appear on 6002. It used to only happen with Spanish Language Programing on whatever channel Reelz is on. After blocking that channel, Spanish ghost began appearing on 279. But, now the ghosts have appeared as duplicates as well.

Thanks for the info - that's never happened to me. Maybe it has something to do with searching for Horror movies and Ghosts showing up. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts