Why download HwS twice each night?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KKlare

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 18, 2003
Los Alamos, NM
Almost as soon as I get off the Hopper but still watching the screen, the Hopper will do its nightly after say 1:30.
Then an hour later or so it will reload the guide. Why twice? If you have gone to viewing, it will ask.
-Ken

Are you sure it's twice? I was thinking it was a separate "session" after the update. Also, do you keep EHDs connected? That contributes to longer download times.

I've been saying for a year about the delayed reboot with EHD(s) attached.
I have been pulling the EHDs at shutdown to avoid this on 722 or H.
Lately I believe it can go ahead without the delay on Hopper.
Yes, mine does a guide download, reboots, and downloads again. Huh?
It is with the HwS replacement that it flags play as being a record request while playing.
Slashed red dot and unable to play until skipped. Works on internal just not EHD.
I can't be sure if it is a new "session" because I haven't had a chance to check status before 2nd reload.
I consider it a "well done" reboot if the "fsck" date is updated. It has gone 2 days sometimes. More if viewing.
-Ken

So, after the nightly reboot, it will show on the screensaver that it is updating the guide again? If you're watching TV, it asks you to power down again? Is it the same prompt as the nightly reboot prompt?

Tonight after I shut down and waited a couple of minutes it went through the guide load.
Waiting say 5 minutes after that I started it up and shortly it asked to reboot, it did and another guide load.
Why does it do the first if it is going to reboot and reload. The second got an Fsck.
As I had shutdown on purpose, there was no first prompt but this time there was for the second.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)