Why Facebook, Amazon, and Google all want to stream NFL games

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
Bidding war starts over streaming NFL games

Why Facebook, Amazon, and Google all want to stream NFL games
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-f...-all-want-to-stream-nfl-games-213341046.html#

Making the early Sunday London games a stream only event makes sense(maybe they can make them "Color Rush" games also). Giving contracts to stream the Thursday Night NFL games at the same time that they are being shown on local affiliate, cable, or satellite TV seems like a waste.

Last edited:
Ok, IF and when they decide to stream these games, will they still be available on TV, such as your CBS or Fox or at least on the Sunday Ticket ?
Will they be available to the perspective teams on thier OTA channels ?

Ok, IF and when they decide to stream these games, will they still be available on TV, such as your CBS or Fox or at least on the Sunday Ticket ?
If you are talking about he early Sunday morning London games, I have no clue, but if I understand the article correctly, the Thursday night games will be both on TV & being streamed online at the same time. Now what they plan to do about those late season Saturday games.........

If you are talking about he early Sunday morning London games, I have no clue, but if I understand the article correctly, the Thursday night games will be both on TV & being streamed online at the same time. Now what they plan to do about those late season Saturday games.........
Ok, thats what I was wondering ... I have no problem with it as long as you can still see it on your normal channels on your TV. Networks or ST.

The London game last year that was on Yahoo exclusively WAS on the local CBS affiliates for the playing teams (Buffalo & Jacksonville). From 506sports.com

NOTE: The Buffalo vs Jacksonville game from London at 9:30 AM ET will be streamed on Yahoo with Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon. It will be televised on the CBS affiliates in Buffalo and Jacksonville only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)