Tennessee "rape case"

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/suit-ex-vols-player-punched-helping-woman-rape-235545492--ncaaf.html

A former Tennessee football player has confirmed in court documents he assisted a woman who said she had been raped by two other players and that later he was attacked by teammates and told by coach Butch Jones that he had ''betrayed the team.''

This story has been circulating the news cycle for a few weeks now, but here is the latest.

If even half of this turns out to be factual, heads should roll all around, and obvious jail time would be warranted.

I would be surprised if Jones remains, as those comments, if true, are pretty damning.

I can't believe the whole coaches meeting they had the other day. They have to know if some of this is true, don't they?

Wow!!!

After what went with Penn St., if UT doesn't do anything, then the NCAA needs to bring down the "lack of institutional control" hammer down on the Vols.

Butch Jones needs to be fired (with cause) and banned from the NCAA.

https://www.seccountry.com/tennesse...lled-vols-player-a-traitor-for-helping-victim

yeah, if some of the stuff in this link is true, definitely see the "institutional control" coming into play.

I can't believe the whole coaches meeting they had the other day. They have to know if some of this is true, don't they?
Circling the wagons, because they know that if/when Butch Jones if fired, they're gone too. No school will dare hire anyone involved in this.,

Wow!!!

After what went with Penn St., if UT doesn't do anything, then the NCAA needs to bring down the "lack of institutional control" hammer down on the Vols.

Butch Jones needs to be fired (with cause) and banned from the NCAA.

https://www.seccountry.com/tennesse...lled-vols-player-a-traitor-for-helping-victim

yeah, if some of the stuff in this link is true, definitely see the "institutional control" coming into play.

I wonder if this will see the legendary "death penalty"?

I can certainly see this being the end of Jones tenure at the college level, perhaps any level.

I wonder if this will see the legendary "death penalty"?
on going pattern, definitely fits the definition.
I can certainly see this being the end of Jones tenure at the college level, perhaps any level.
Yeah, no one will touch him after this.

And the coaches that got up on the stage with him will have a hard time too. I expect one soon with say they were told to by their boss (the AD or school president), which will help hammer the institution control point and make the schools punishment worse.

So much for there being more competition in the East, UT's next few years are going to make them miss the Derek Dooley days...

Actual quotes from that coaches presser:

"We talk, just as you would your daughter, don't go out alone at night, know where you're going to parties, those types of things. ... I think as coaches we're in an environment here that's a safe environment, so it's up to us to let them know that, 'No, you don't walk down the street by yourself.' It's up to us. We are their mother, we are their father, and wherever we go, we've got to portray safety. If I had a daughter, I would not hesitate one bit for her to come on campus." -- Holly Warlick, women's basketball head coach

A women's coach is more concerned that female students travel in pairs than educating the men on social behavior around women. Wow.

"I do think it's real. Our competitors are using it against us." -- Butch Jones, football head coach

Nice...his first concern is the affect the scandal has on his recruiting.

"If you want to go back 20 years and accumulate incidents, I think a lot of places would have a similar story to Tennessee." -- Karen Weekly, softball co-head coach

So, because it may happen at other schools, it's OK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)