Why I love DirecTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

shkarter1985

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Greenwood, South Carolina
Why I love DirecTV? It's because it's the clearer choice and they got more channels in HD including your locals. I love the Active section, and the other night, I've watched the Sports Mix channel were they showed college football games from the CBS and ABC feeds from New York City only in Standard-Def, which I've enjoyed. I felt like I'm 'living' in NYC. Also the channels was temporary, also my favorite experiences with DirecTV is back last May on the night of the "American Idol" finale, they accidently showed the FOX East SD(WNYW New York City) channel of the feed and after the show we watched the news from the area. But it's also temporary. A month later, I turned to east coast SD channels of CBS, NBC, ABC, and FOX, it showed up there. So I watched the New York City commercials and seeing the WCBS 2, WNBC 4, WNYW 5, and WABC 7 logos, and I watched the NBC East SD channel when "Days of our Lives" was on and I catched a little bit of it before the channel saids "Channel Not Purchased #721" so I switched over to my local NBC station to watch the rest of DOOL. That same night, I've watch a little bit of the WNBC-TV newscasts and it was temporary. I think it's a SHVERA thing.

Also I set up my favorite channels list on "Channels I get" also guest what it shows up on channels I get? PBSNET (only in SD), CBS East (SD and HD), CBS West (SD and HD), NBC East (SD and HD), NBC West (SD and HD), CW East (SD only), CW West (SD only), ABC East (SD and HD), ABC West (SD and HD), FOX East (SD and HD), and FOX West (SD and HD), when I go there unfortuately you get Message #721. I think it's also a SHVERA thing.

Also DirecTV has channels that the local cable company in my area or rival E* don't get like TVOne, PBS Kids Sprout, Gospel Music Channel, and of course the 101 network.

And it does local weather on The Weather Channel in both SD and HD. But I have couple of complaints with my local stations (Greenville, SC market). No MyNetworkTV in HD on DirecTV, and the local NBC affiliate does not carry the fourth hour of "Today" (the hour which Kathie Lee Gifford hosts), the people at WYFF-TV said it's due to local program obligations.

Thank you for your time and feel free to reply about your DirecTV experiences. :)

What do you get paid by DTV to post pro-DTV ads disguised as normal conversation or something?

BTW, this is completely not true in Verizon FiOS coverage areas:
It's because it's the clearer choice and they got more channels in HD including your locals.

What do you get paid by DTV to post pro-DTV ads disguised as normal conversation or something?

BTW, this is completely not true in Verizon FiOS coverage areas:

I believe the OP feels that way but the longer you stay with DirecTV you start to miss the Documentary Channel,The Hallmark Movie Channel,Pentagon Channel,HBO Comedy,Starz Family and Starz Comedy channels plus 2 more channels of Cinemax and these channels are not on DirecTV in standard definition!.:confused:

I believe the OP feels that way but the longer you stay with DirecTV you start to miss the Documentary Channel,The Hallmark Movie Channel,Pentagon Channel,HBO Comedy,Starz Family and Starz Comedy channels plus 2 more channels of Cinemax and these channels are not on DirecTV in standard definition!.:confused:
You know what channel I've been missing in HD? Rainbow Bright HD.

You should have just stuck with the HBO, Starz and Cinemax channels. It's a little silly to say that people are "missing" the Pentagon Channel... And I'm guessing that most posters around these parts would sooner gouge their eyes out with a rusty fork than watch the Hallmark Movie Channel.

But Dish has got 'em, so they must be important. That is, as long as your willing to ignore the channels that DTV has that Dish doesn't. Or I suppose you could just pick the provider with channel options you want. But I guess it's a lot more fun to whip out the "Documentary Channel HD" trump card.

I'm guessing that most posters around these parts would sooner gouge their eyes out with a rusty fork than watch the Hallmark Movie Channel.

BIG rusty fork.

About the only channel I want to get in HD that I'm not getting right now is Travel Channel. Not only is it in SD, they stretch the dang thing out to make it look widescreen. Double yuck. Makes Adam Richman look twice as fat as he is.

You know what channel I've been missing in HD? Rainbow Bright HD.

You should have just stuck with the HBO, Starz and Cinemax channels. It's a little silly to say that people are "missing" the Pentagon Channel... And I'm guessing that most posters around these parts would sooner gouge their eyes out with a rusty fork than watch the Hallmark Movie Channel.

But Dish has got 'em, so they must be important. That is, as long as your willing to ignore the channels that DTV has that Dish doesn't. Or I suppose you could just pick the provider with channel options you want. But I guess it's a lot more fun to whip out the "Documentary Channel HD" trump card.

I do not have HD only SD being on a fixed income that extra $10. HD Access Fee comes in handy to buy more programming in SD plus I do not want to be in the group that says"I paid $2000. for this HDTV why isn't all the channels in HD"?.:(

Anyways my complaints are going to stop as my DirecTV account ends tonight at midnight.I am now getting the programming I want so I am happy.:)

BIG rusty fork.

About the only channel I want to get in HD that I'm not getting right now is Travel Channel. Not only is it in SD, they stretch the dang thing out to make it look widescreen. Double yuck. Makes Adam Richman look twice as fat as he is.

Hey.... San Jose looked great in HD on Versus last night. Oppps...you don't get that one anymore either.

They both lack complete programming!

Hey.... San Jose looked great in HD on Versus last night. Oppps...you don't get that one anymore either.

I have to have both dish and direc...They both have channels that the other does not have.

I really wish dish would buy out direc. Combine them into one powerhouse sat service.

Yes, wishful thinking...

I could get all the channels I want and pay one bill!

MSG, NHL and NFL ticket on my 722 would be so awesome!!
Yes, dish has NHL center ice but for some reason its inferior to Directs version?

Would love to say sayonara to HR22..

shkkarter, I would make a nasty comment about your loving DirecTV,I won't but I hope you really do love DirecTV because that thread was.............:D

I remember that the brief time I had Dish, their "top 40" basic package they advertised the heck out of didnt give you Sci-fi...oops..."Sy Fy":rolleyes:

What a gyp.

What?!!!! :eek: I sure hope you're a lady, because if you're not, you need you man card pulled.

If I lived in the WNY area, I would give up SanJose in HD on VS for the Sabres in HD any day. And for us out of town Buffalo fans, the Bills look great in HD on NFL ST (just wish they would start playing great) and on Dish, the 2 minutes on NFL RZ channel was nice.

So did you ditch Dish?
Go figure, I had to go to TWC to get them both in HD and still get Hockey in HD on Versus.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts