Why I'm switching to Sprint!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Now that Sprint has an iPhone, I decided to take a look at the plans for what my needs are versus the various providers, after all is said and done, sprint is the clear winner.

For three smartphones (all iPhones) w/ data plans, texting and insurance I was looking at the monthly price. With Verizon I currently pay 300.02 a month on a 700 min family plan with a 25 percent discount only on one line as verizon only gives a discount on the "most expensive" line.

With ATT I would pay 273.84 monthly before taxes for the same plan that I have with VZ.

With sprint, I would get double the min 1400, Unlimited data and unlimited text on all phones, I would pay 179.98 a month before any discounts. A savings of over 120 a month when compared to verizon! This is why I'm switching to sprint!

We may switch as well because we will also get more for less and that includes our current grandfathered package we have with ATT

Ride that as long as you can. I think you're paying too much, but you have kids and I no longer do, so I think I know where your minutes and texts are going.....

With ATT I would pay 273.84 monthly before taxes for the same plan that I have with VZ.

Sorry but there is no way AT&T is $275 before taxes for 3 smartphones. I have 5 phones on my account and 2 are smartphones and my bill is around $180. If you took two of my phones away and changed the 3rd to a smartphone it would only be $185. Now I don't have insurance but if you are paying around $100 for insurance something is wrong.

There is no way I would pay that kind of money a month for any phone service!

^ What he said.
I am currently paying $110 a month for two iPhone 4's with unlimited data, unlimited text for one, and 700 family plan. I have bunch of rollover minutes so I won't have to worry about going over.
Plus with my employer I get 28% off.

Minutes plus texting plans.

His numbers are still way way way off including minutes and texting plan. The numbers that I gave included those as well.

The only thing that Sprint has going for it right now is the unlimited data plan and they might be a couple dollars cheeper. The more data plans you need then Sprint becomes the best choice based on pricing.

Three lines: three smartphones, unlimited text, unlimited data, 1400 minutes, Friends and Family, Verizon. $150/month. 25% discount, plus a $40/month promo I got last year.

^ What he said.
I am currently paying $110 a month for two iPhone 4's with unlimited data, unlimited text for one, and 700 family plan. I have bunch of rollover minutes so I won't have to worry about going over.
Plus with my employer I get 28% off.

Who do you get 28% off with? That's a great deal. I ONLY get 25% off with the Postal Service.

Sprint is good so long as you live in a larger city. If you live in a rural area forget it. We had to switch from Sprint to Verizon because of where we moved to. We were paying $183 a month for 2 EVO 4Gs and one basic phone with Sprint. This was with a discount with a company I worked for a few years ago.

With Verizon with 2 iPhone 4Ss and 1 basic phone, after our 18% discount due to our school we are attending online, we are paying about $10 a month less. True we are on a 700 minute plan but we have unlimited mobile to mobile minutes.

With Cellular South/Cspire, I had three smartphones with unlimited everything, at $180. Moving to verizon, will have three smartphones with a 1400 family share, data on each (not unlimited, but I never approach the 2 gb cap I picked anyway), and unlimited texting on all three and the bill is going to be just north of $190.

No, everything is not unlimited in this comparison, but as I said, we never came close to going over what our new limit would be, and I will use the majority of the minutes myself. The other two lines probably will keep it under 200 combined (plus you get free mobile to mobile and nights and weekends)

Edit: forgot to add, I get a 100% discount through my company :D

Sprints coverage sucks in my area so I will never switch back to them.

verizon should be $70 +10 +3x$30 (data) +$30 (texting) or 200 + taxes and fees - discount
that $300 looks kinda high

verizon should be $70 +10 +3x$30 (data) +$30 (texting) or 200 + taxes and fees - discount
that $300 looks kinda high

Yeah, I am missing something in the OPs post somewhere. We will have roughly the same plan minus insurance yet mine will be $100 less than what he is saying, and he has a discount.

Here is why I may be switching to Sprint.

Change our AT&T plan to Nationwide 550 minutes:

• Free mobile to mobile AT&T phone only
  • 550 total combined minutes
  • Unlimited nights and weekends
  • $60 total cell service for 2 phones
  • $60 total for 2 phones on unlimited data (keep our grandfathered unlimited plan)
  • Texting is extra ($5 each for for 200 message/month and $10 each for unlimited)
  • No buyback for old phones
  • 4% Teacher Discount
  • Total $115/month before taxes (Add texting will be anywhere from $120 to $135)
Switch to Sprint Family Everything Data Shared Plan
  • Free mobile to mobile any provider
  • 1500 total combined minutes to landline phones
  • Unlimited texting included
  • Unlimited data included*
  • *$10/month add-on charge for iPhone ($20 total for 2 phones)
  • $170 buyback of each of our old phones
  • 18% teacher discount
  • Total $123 before taxes
With Sprint we will pay a little more, but we will get a lot more. Plus we will not have to fork up $300 each for our new phones. It will only cost us about $130/phone.

AT&T will cost up more upfront, but save us more per month. If we add texting, then AT&T will be more. 550 minutes is plenty for both of us as we seldom talk on the phone and have a plethora of roll over minutes.

I will have to wait to hear from others about Sprint's coverage at our second home in Mammoth. From what I hear Sprint's coverage is not very good up there.

His numbers are still way way way off including minutes and texting plan. The numbers that I gave included those as well.

The only thing that Sprint has going for it right now is the unlimited data plan and they might be a couple dollars cheeper. The more data plans you need then Sprint becomes the best choice based on pricing.

I dont see how they are off.. This is a copy of my first bill ever with VZ, It's not even prorated for one month...

Capture.PNG

Sorry but there is no way AT&T is $275 before taxes for 3 smartphones. I have 5 phones on my account and 2 are smartphones and my bill is around $180. If you took two of my phones away and changed the 3rd to a smartphone it would only be $185. Now I don't have insurance but if you are paying around $100 for insurance something is wrong.

YOUR WRONG 100% Heres the proof in the pudding!

The left colum is the monthly charges, this is direct from ATT's website.

Bottom page.PNGTop page.PNG

K9SAT said:
Now that Sprint has an iPhone, I decided to take a look at the plans for what my needs are versus the various providers, after all is said and done, sprint is the clear winner.

For three smartphones (all iPhones) w/ data plans, texting and insurance I was looking at the monthly price. With Verizon I currently pay 300.02 a month on a 700 min family plan with a 25 percent discount only on one line as verizon only gives a discount on the "most expensive" line.

With sprint, I would get double the min 1400, Unlimited data and unlimited text on all phones, I would pay 179.98 a month before any discounts. A savings of over 120 a month when compared to verizon! This is why I'm switching to sprint!

I gotta question the prices that you are quoting for VZW. I'm on a VZW family share plan with 5 smart phones, 5 unlimited data plans, unlimited text messaging for all 5 and a plain old cell phone thrown in to boot. My monthly cost before discount is something like $350, like $310 after discounts. I do have a 25% discount on my primary line, but my calling plan is the very current 1400 minute deal with SMS included.

I looked at Sprint during my last upgrade cycle when I could have moved 4 of my smart phones without an ETF. I think it was March of this year. Sprint was only about $30 a month less and AT&T was less than a $20 savings. I didn't consider T-Mo because their service in my area blows smelly bits.

Where I live,VZW is the voice and data coverage king and the savings from switching weren't worth it. If I were you I'd be going over my VZW bill to see what exactly you are paying for. You have to have some add on services to get your total for 3 lines so high.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts