Why in your opinion it is a GOOD idea for someone to own a true FREE TO AIR satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The best five reasons I know of is really the best reason there is: feeds!

1. There's no where else you're gonna see some poor sap picking their teeth in front of an HD camera live, leaning in real close and looking at a monitor to the side to see if they got whatever it was.
  2. Watching some female journalist trying to fix her hair in the wind or adjusting her top, complaining how hard her job is.
  3. Watching somebody waiting for a feed to go live and yawning one of those big yawns that people only do in private (you know the ones) while they wait, as if nobody is watching them.
  4. Watching people go from a normal facial expression to a phony smile as a feed goes live.
  5. Watching and waiting for announcers to use profanities with their buddies thinking it's okay because their on commercial, except that I HEARD IT TOO! CALL THE FCC! :D
My wife thinks it's totally boring until I tell her "Get out here, quick! You gotta see this guy picking his nose!"

I love it.

I love it. Sure it took a while to get use to non-pay channels. But, I never had a problem with it until the neighbors tree bloomed. Also for some reason I lost the PBS feeds early on. But I didn't feel like going out and fine tuning it after it settled on the side of the house.

Mostly love all the fox channels and can't wait to get my own true house so I can put up some dishes and enjoy all of it in mutiple rooms. I also love the fox channels since the local fox isn't digital yet either. Neither is the Cw.

later,

Josh

FTA is great for getting channels that are NOT AVAILABLE ON CABLE or the Pizza Pan Satellite Providers..

The channels are too numerous to even name...

FTA is great for getting channels that are NOT AVAILABLE ON CABLE or the Pizza Pan Satellite Providers..
The channels are too numerous to even name...

That's what I was going to say. :up Auto racing is my main thing because the racing does not stop when they go to commerical. Nine times out of ten when something happens it's during a commerical.

Here are my reasons:

1. Poor OTA reception from local stations.
2. Prohibitive antenna costs to get poor OTA reception from local stations
3. Lack of choice provided by local stations
4. Cable not available in my rural area.
5. Poor programming quality provided by local stations.
6. FTA low cost of ownership.
7. FTA more fun (for me anyhow) as a hobby
8. No subscription necessary
9. Peace of mind owning a TRUE FTA satellite system
10. TRUE FTA does not need to be fixed with changes.
11. TRUE FTAers are honest, good natured folk who make good neighbors.
12. Less chance of damaging a TRUE FTA receiver from too many fixes.
13. Less work and more enjoyment.
14. TRUE FTAers sleep at night.
15. TRUE FTA is legal.
16. TRUE FTA is something you can brag about.
17. TRUE FTA does not depend on the questionable practices of others.
18. See 1. through 17.

I beg to differ. TRUE FTAers find themselves up late many nights tweaking equipment in the coolness of dark, and scanning sats without the constant interruption of kids/spouse/etc ;)

:):) I just had to laugh at this comment. It is SO true. In the past 3 weeks, there have been a couple evenings where I've done the evening routine with the kids (bath, bedtime story, then bed) and then gone out to the back yard swatting away mosquitoes and all anybody can see is just the glow of the 13" TV in the back yard as I fine tune through the satellites to tweak the dishes.. After I get my fill of mosquito bites, I call it a night.

I beg to differ. TRUE FTAers find themselves up late many nights tweaking equipment in the coolness of dark, and scanning sats without the constant interruption of kids/spouse/etc ;)

I'll clarify some more...

TRUE FTAers sleep at night because they don't worry about when their hacked box will go suddenly black....

I have to agree, when scanning for new birds or channels, I don't get much sleep. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.