Why is C-cast so expensive on DVR rentals?

Walker1

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 17, 2005
Hi, I am on a promo with C-cast. They gave me a reg. rec. & told me if I wanted an addl. DVR machine it would be something like $13/mo. + tax. Can someone tell me why they charge $13 when Dish charges $6/mo. ? I know it may seem silly, but I'm not rich and every dollar counts. Thanks.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the fee also gives you access to the HD channels that are not available(Sound, but no picture) with the standard digital box. Also, the DVR/HD Capable units have better conections(HDMI or DVI and Component/S-video) were the stardard box only has composite video. Finally, the on-screen guide gives you picture-in-guide option. That would be my guess. It still seems a bit high!

I have no idea myself, but you have to subscribe to an HD channel to get it. I agree, if their box had more capabilities like Tivo's 2 and 3 i would be happier.

I have no idea myself, but you have to subscribe to an HD channel to get it. I agree, if their box had more capabilities like Tivo's 2 and 3 i would be happier.

You are partly correct! You don't need to subscribe to any additional programming to receive the HD feed of your local networks(ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, CW & PBS) you would, however, need to subscribe to the premium packages(HBO, Starz, etc.) to get their HD feed. If you live in an area were you have difficulties with HD OTA it is of some value.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)