Why is CBS HD not offered in Memphis and the other are

Status
Please reply by conversation.

geaux1

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
I can't imagine DTV would not do this willingly, (they also don;t have PBS or CW but the CW station is owned by the local ABC affiliate which is on MPEG 4, but since those are not as popular I can safely assume they would make a smart buss. decision to hold off on those until they have every thing else up and running in terms of demand, bandwidth, software issues, etc.) I have read people on here saying things about LIL or LIN and holding the signal hostage I just don't understand. Since the OTA does not work yet for some reason that makes no logical sense to me, and I can;t get a good signal anyway from my local affiliate and the morons refuse to give a waiver, it really sucks for SEC football games. Can someone explain what could be the possible cause as it just does not seem plausible even with the normal corporate screw ups that DTV would arrange for ABC, NBC and FOX in Memphis and not have CBS unless the local station here was somehow screwing the deal and not DTV but when I called the local CBS affiliate to again ask for a waiver they said call DTV and blamed it on them but gave me no explanation and just hung up, BAM, which just did not sound right because they were just way too quick to pull the trigger, like it was a reading from a que card and an insincere one at that.

Most likely, because the NYT is in the process of selling the station, they probably do not want to sign an agreement with D* because it would be a sticking point for a company to purchase WREG that did not have a carriage agreement with D*.

Some companies believe D* should cough up money to make money off of them.

Thus, the NYT has elminated this potential objection in their sale.

Could be, I know there has to be something, what a bunch of wankers, I don;t see why they won;t give a waiver for HD only since I pay for the SD signal and do watch it for local news and have tried to get a signal till they get up on the bird, total abuse of the intent of the law.

Call your local station and complain. Then find the parent company and complain. Then call your congressman and complain. Seriously. I've been somewhat of an a$%h#@! to my local channels. Haven't had any movement on them getting on D* but it makes me feel good. Remember, these channels are supposed to provide for the good of the community. They are there for you. So get angry. Have your friends call. etc.

But, as long as my Colts games are on Sunday Ticket SF in HD, I guess I'm not THAT mad. CBS has crap in the way of TV shows, so no big loss. :D

HDTVFanAtic said:
Most likely, because the NYT is in the process of selling the station, they probably do not want to sign an agreement with D* because it would be a sticking point for a company to purchase WREG that did not have a carriage agreement with D*.

Some companies believe D* should cough up money to make money off of them.

Thus, the NYT has elminated this potential objection in their sale.

I would side with this, as they are unloading all of their Stations, and probably want to get rid of them quickly, just from the quick reading I have done.

I've complained, but they have even removed the contact info from their website, the only person you can contact is the news division and they don't give a you know what. If you call the station, they will not even forward the call past the reception desk unless it's to the news division or sales. I've tried. I'll e-mail my Congresswoman and Senators. But they are all republicans so probably paid off by business interests anyway that got that stupid law passed so it will do no good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)