Why is my KU HH120 moving?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
Okay, i have two dishes. Cband/KU separated by a 22khz switch. The ASC1 is controlled through Diseqc #'rd positions, and the KU is moved via USALS commands. If i change from a KU to a Cband channel, i noticed my KU is moving too along with the Cband? Even if my Cband has no place to move, ie moving to satellite i was on before, it will still move the KU...

Aren't USALS a different command structure? If i move to a Cband and a Disecqc position is called for, shouldnt the KU HH-120 ignore it??

If you have ever used the Ku HH motor for DiSEqC 1.2 you would need to erase the programmed positions or it will still respond to the calls. I think some motors had some positions hard coded too. Try doing a "reset" on the KU motor.

If you have ever used the Ku HH motor for DiSEqC 1.2 you would need to erase the programmed positions or it will still respond to the calls. I think some motors had some positions hard coded too. Try doing a "reset" on the KU motor.

I just did a scan of the HH120 motor. I don't see any reference to reset other then moving back to position 0.

You will have to reset the motor at the motor. But yes if you have the HH120 hooked up at any point while programming DiSEqC 1.2 commands the motor will store them.

I see you have STAB 120s They have 28 positions hard coded and 21 other positions available. I would do away with the 22khz switch and use a DiSEqC switch. Cband on port 1 only.

You will have to reset the motor at the motor. But yes if you have the HH120 hooked up at any point while programming DiSEqC 1.2 commands the motor will store them.

Do you know where the reset switch is on the HH120?

The switches I have used default to port one when powered off. The KU motor will never hear the call unless the port it is on is called for.

EDIT: I just realized you probably are not wired they way I would do it. So I may be leading you astray here

Do you know where the reset switch is on the HH120?
I stand corrected I was just looking through the manual for the HH120 and it has to be done through the receiver. Read your manual on re-setting, and you will see what I mean.

When i hook in a diseqc switch, the USALS motor never stops moving. It moves between the satellite its supposed to be at, and what appears to be home position.

When i hook in a diseqc switch, the USALS motor never stops moving. It moves between the satellite its supposed to be at, and what appears to be home position.
That's probably a power passing issue. Not enough for the motor and the logic part keeps rebooting. I always used a 1x8 DiSEqC 1.1 with a good current passing spec to combine my motors. But KU motors are problematic and I don't use them anymore.

c-ku setup.jpg

Okay - Port 4 seems to stop the motor constantly moving. Time will tell on that. This appears to be the setup that works.

You ought to replace that 22khz switch with a splitter or go through the ASC1 to the C-Band dish. A 22khz switch is designed to switch between LNBs.

Hey, I'm not gonna mess with working A-OK! The Ecoda is known to pass power and diseqc commands. Everything is working perfectly --- except --- I cannot seem to get fine tuned enough to pull in 137.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)