Why is my tuner suddently at channel 101 when I turn it on?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

azbruno

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
SF Bay Area
For a couple days now, I'm finding that when I turn on my 625 receiver, whether TV1 or TV2, it will be at Dish info channel 101 instead of the channel I was on when I turned it off? Any idea why this would be happening now?

Are you on a different guide list you made, one that does not include a channel below 101?

Otherwise, try a reboot.

One way that for sure makes this happen is if the channel that was being watched when the receiver was turned off is a free preview channel that you don't sub to.
That's probably it. I've been watching the free HBO a lot. It's available through today, but I guess the fact that I don't subscribe is what did it. Thanks.

It can also happen if at the time you turn it on, the channel that you were on has a lock for the current program. I see that a lot and when I do a recall, I have to put in my password for the channel.

Also, if you have your box on an ota channel, and that signal drops, the box goes to channel 101. It has happened to me a few times while trying to watch distant ota channels with a weak/cutting out signal.

Charlie has possessed your receiver to always go back to 101 so you can remember how to change the batteries in the remote ;)

Well... I was upset when they chopped off the end of a CC when it was just getting interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)