Why is the HR20 so unresponsive?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lou_82

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Is this a common issue with this receiver? You press a button to input a channel and each number just lags on the screen. After you put on the complete channel number it takes maybe 3 seconds for the channel to appear on the screen.

Anybody else have this problem? It really annoys me.

It's the same with mine too. I got used to it. But then I'm not a big channel surfer, and I watch most of shows after I record them. I really hate commercials.

Is this a common issue with this receiver? You press a button to input a channel and each number just lags on the screen. After you put on the complete channel number it takes maybe 3 seconds for the channel to appear on the screen.

Anybody else have this problem? It really annoys me.
yes its a dog. Hopefully the next model will be better.

Are you hitting "enter" after you input the three-digit channel number? If not, you will get a delay while the receiver waits to see if you are going to input another digit, since DirecTV is now using four-digit channel numbers.

You think its slow now, you should have owned it when it first came out. While its not as fast as the vip622, I think it does fine.

Keep in mind I went from Cable to a HR10-250(complete dog), so the 622 and HR20 are like Ferrari's IMHO.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)