Why is the HR20 so unresponsive?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lou_82

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Is this a common issue with this receiver? You press a button to input a channel and each number just lags on the screen. After you put on the complete channel number it takes maybe 3 seconds for the channel to appear on the screen.

Anybody else have this problem? It really annoys me.

It's the same with mine too. I got used to it. But then I'm not a big channel surfer, and I watch most of shows after I record them. I really hate commercials.

Is this a common issue with this receiver? You press a button to input a channel and each number just lags on the screen. After you put on the complete channel number it takes maybe 3 seconds for the channel to appear on the screen.

Anybody else have this problem? It really annoys me.
yes its a dog. Hopefully the next model will be better.

Are you hitting "enter" after you input the three-digit channel number? If not, you will get a delay while the receiver waits to see if you are going to input another digit, since DirecTV is now using four-digit channel numbers.

You think its slow now, you should have owned it when it first came out. While its not as fast as the vip622, I think it does fine.

Keep in mind I went from Cable to a HR10-250(complete dog), so the 622 and HR20 are like Ferrari's IMHO.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)