WHY is there no call to give USC the sports "death penalty"...?

Kentucky had a pretty harsh penalty in the late 80's early 90's.

first, i did read about the gator player and it was also posted at espn.com. i happened to read it at the orlando sentinel website.

i agree USC should be punished. and if sufficient information comes to light, then the NCAA should look at the death penalty.

salsa, if you are trying to make the point that the NCAA does not treat all schools equally, i may agree with you.

first, i did read about the gator player and it was also posted at espn.com. i happened to read it at the orlando sentinel website.

i agree USC should be punished. and if sufficient information comes to light, then the NCAA should look at the death penalty.

salsa, if you are trying to make the point that the NCAA does not treat all schools equally, i may agree with you.

ICE....they do not. Now I am go gonna sit here and either pretend that The U was innocent in their past....but could you have imagined if a Miami football player had got busted doing what Reggie Bush did....or a Miami football got busted using a dead person's credit card...??!! Nor am I gonna say that there is favoritism toward some schools....to me that would be a lot harder to prove than the opposite....but come one now....this at USC is ridiculous....:confused:

I think one of the big issues with the Reggie Bush issue was the fact that he had already left school when the infractions were found, where as with Mayo he's still in school, (but leaving, would he be leaving if this hadn't happened?)

Jimbo

I think one of the big issues with the Reggie Bush issue was the fact that he had already left school when the infractions were found, where as with Mayo he's still in school, (but leaving, would he be leaving if this hadn't happened?)

Jimbo

Regardless of whether he is STILL in school or not is unimportant....the issue is whether there was impropriety or not.

Do you even KNOW why they nickname Univeristy of Miami "The U"??!!

Wasn't it to set its name apart from University of Michigan?

Miami isn't Thug U or "Convicts" mentality when you look back to the FIU game?

I agree they are very different from the "Convicts" or thugs of the 80's and 90's . Seems like Butch Davis was the real turnaround for that. I fully believe Randy Shannon is not going to put up with any crap.

I was just searching and this is unreal Miami Hurricanes football - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I had no idea there were so many tragedies.

The Death Penalty has only been imposed twice before and USC doesn't qualify. I highly doubt that the NCAA will ever impose it again after what it did to the SMU program (and yes for you youngsters, SMU did field a pretty good team before the penalty.

But damn, if they could just take away that "Bush Push" it sure would have been sweet ;)

Attachments

• MiamiHurricanes.png
    MiamiHurricanes.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 87
Wasn't it to set its name apart from University of Michigan?

Miami isn't Thug U or "Convicts" mentality when you look back to the FIU game?

I agree they are very different from the "Convicts" or thugs of the 80's and 90's . Seems like Butch Davis was the real turnaround for that. I fully believe Randy Shannon is not going to put up with any crap.

I was just searching and this is unreal Miami Hurricanes football - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I had no idea there were so many tragedies.

I WENT to the FIU game and though it DID get out of hand...EVERYTHING was started by the FIU players and the lack of referee control.

And that same link show that NONE of those tragedies were a result of the Hurricane in question being a "convict" or a "thug". As well as MOST of the tragedies of the 2000s were a direct or indirect of a "thug life".

College basketball players can declare for the draft, and recind the declaration at anytime up until the draft as long as they do not hire an agent.

does taking money from an agent constitute hiring one?

wait, i better be nice, he will be the Timberwolves point guard next year.

I WENT to the FIU game and though it DID get out of hand...EVERYTHING was started by the FIU players and the lack of referee control.

And that same link show that NONE of those tragedies were a result of the Hurricane in question being a "convict" or a "thug". As well as MOST of the tragedies of the 2000s were a direct or indirect of a "thug life".

Salsa....I wasn't implying that the tragedies were a result of being a thug etc.

I just couldn't believe the number of tragedies that had happened.

As far as the FIU game, I wasn't there but I agree that FIU instigated it with going after the holder and such. I think that I remember FIU was trying to state that the OB was their turf. The only "thug" thing that I saw from Miami was their radio announcer who was a former player (forget his name) got a little out of hand and you know what I mean if you heard it.

Salsa....I wasn't implying that the tragedies were a result of being a thug etc.

I just couldn't believe the number of tragedies that had happened.

As far as the FIU game, I wasn't there but I agree that FIU instigated it with going after the holder and such. I think that I remember FIU was trying to state that the OB was their turf. The only "thug" thing that I saw from Miami was their radio announcer who was a former player (forget his name) got a little out of hand and you know what I mean if you heard it.

No....I was not implying that you DID imply.

The announcer was for Hurricane, Miami Dolphin Lamar Thomas.... And he let his former The U ego get the best of him. Hell, hypocritical Comcast fired him not too long later.....mind you, they hired him to be THAT BIG of a homer for the radio broadcast.

OK, good answer. The thought never occurred to me that they just have a U on their helmet.

Next question...... why do they just have a U on their helmet? Every team could do this if they wanted to, couldn't they?

Isn't that to emulate a Hurricane ?
A real hurricane out on the water ?

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)