Why is there no Hopper 3 specific user manual?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The installer left the two pamphlets with very limited information that were packed in the Hopper 3 box....?
I’ve been a Dish subscriber for over a decade. Yesterday I upgraded from a ViP 622 to a Hopper 3 w/ the 52.0 remote — a decade of difference in receiver UI and remotes. I did the install myself and the biggest problem was learning how to operate the Hopper 3 with the pitiful documentation in the box and online.

The included Hopper 3 “Features Guide” pamphlet is a slick promo piece designed to make Hopper 3 users feel really cool, clever and modern. Luckily it includes a few helpful tips on otherwise glossy sales presentation pages. The 52.0 “Getting Started with Your Receiver and Remote” pamphlet is a bare bones button labeling guide that makes it all look simple — by leaving out anything but the most basic button functions.

This level of “documentation” may be enough for current Dish subs who are upgrading from a previous model Hopper. But for new Dish customers and older ones upgrading from a ViP receiver, it is woefully inadequate.

Thank goodness for the Satellite Guys forum and it’s very helpful members. I have already found answers to several of my UI/Remote questions via the search function. I’ll keep searching for information that the Dish documentation and website is lacking.

I'll bet you that Dish has researched this and found that 97% of customers never open the manuals that they used to spend tons of time and money on creating and distributing. Everything is "built-in" or "online" help now .... or people just end up figuring it out.

I will say this, the built-in help with the interface software is real nice. Not saying it's a substitute for a 120-page manual, but it probably is sufficient for most. The biggest negative, IMO, is the new remotes.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The features in the software change faster than they could get it into print. Even if they made a manual available it would probably be obsolete by the time you got it. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)