WHY is VE still advertising the 200 dollar rebate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

herdfan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 22, 2004
Cottonwood, AZ
cybertrip said:
because he hasn't updated the site?
And I know he is a sponsor and that is appreciated, but his website is one of the worst I have seen in a while. It reeks of 1997.:eek:

A customer who did not know about these forums and his reputation would bypass it ont he way to a slicker site.

Newshawk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 3, 2004
OK
herdfan said:
And I know he is a sponsor and that is appreciated, but his website is one of the worst I have seen in a while. It reeks of 1997.:eek:

A customer who did not know about these forums and his reputation would bypass it ont he way to a slicker site.
Which just goes to show you that slicker is not necessiarly better. However, I do think the site is in need of a major redesign.

PATONENOW

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 21, 2006
central WISCONSIN
Site Is Overdue For Redesign

I agree the site is way overdue for redesign. And I want to find out IF he has any D*tivo's left that he CAN sell me outright without rebates and any committments.
I figure just like BB and CC he is in the same boat with D* never getting their act togeather with the new rent program until after the fact.
Perhaps some could take advantage of that fact and D* may have to honor it but they would still hit you with the 2 year committment.

aec4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 26, 2005
I must admit, I tried to buy an H20 from VE on Monday, and had nothing but a hard time dealing with them. It wasn't Robert, it was one of Robert's associates named Graham. He said Robert was out of town for a couple days. I found him very arrogant and difficult to deal with. He wanted me to put a CC # over email and when I told him I wouldn't, he had a hard time with that. When I decided to buy at Circuit City instead (since D* customer retention told me if I did not activate by 2/28, I was in the leasing program.. remember, I'ma 5 heart member, they do not lie much to 5 heart guys). This Graham guy INSISTED they were lying to me, and then proceeded to rub it in my face that I didn't get their 5 yr guarantee or a tax free transaction.

Little did he realize... 9.99 shipping and 12 tax basically offset, and I had a $10.00 coupon for circuit city, so the cost of my box was $1.39. The rebate has already been credited to my account.

Newshawk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 3, 2004
OK
First off, vurbano, D* does not have to honor the rebate because the rebate form specifically lays out the terms of the rebate. Second, as far as the VE web site goes, when running a business, one does sometimes let things, even important things, slip by. The courteous thing to do would have been to contact Robert privately to point out the fat that the web site is out of date instead of whining about it in an open forum. But then...

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
Newshawk said:
First off, vurbano, D* does not have to honor the rebate because the rebate form specifically lays out the terms of the rebate. Second, as far as the VE web site goes, when running a business, one does sometimes let things, even important things, slip by. The courteous thing to do would have been to contact Robert privately to point out the fat that the web site is out of date instead of whining about it in an open forum. But then...
what whine?

herdfan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 22, 2004
Cottonwood, AZ
aec4 said:
It wasn't Robert, it was one of Robert's associates named Graham.
Graham must know where the bodies are buried because there is no other reason for him to still be there. It seems every time someone has an issue with VE, Graham is involved.:confused:

damaged

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 22, 2005
South of Heaven
He asked you to send CC# data over email? Is this guy Graham retarded, or did he get thrown off the short-bus? I mean it's nice that Robert is an EOE, but this is just scary.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Robert is very busy as of late, he is working on bringing some exciting new technologies to the US and being the first in the US to offer these technologies.

With that said I do wish VE as well as ALL of our sponsors would update their ads here at SatelliteGuys, many if not most of them are out of date. We do not charge anything for our sponsors to update their ads if they provide the ads. These guys sells a lot of VERY interesting products which not to many people know about.

If you see something which is wrong on a site you should email someone first, because chances are they are so busy they don't realize that a certain promotion is still listed.

With that said because this is not really a DirecTV issue I am going to move it to the chit chat club.

damaged

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 22, 2005
South of Heaven
vurbano said:
I dont understand. Why not just read the credit card # over the phone?

I just picture this guy Grahams Outlook Express inbox, FULL of peoples credit card numbers, just sitting there, on the worlds most exploitable, insecure, MUA. *shudders*

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
Hey, I respect what people on this site say about VE and their support on this forum...but, I have noticed that about the only time Robert chimes in is when he sees someone looking to buy and then the same ol' We got......pops in. On the other hand when someone has an issue or is looking for an answer I don't see Robert for weeks on end. I called VE once...once, so you know how that went. But I have heard others heap great praise on them too to be fair. But to jump on Herdfan...is silly, pointing out an obvious flaw is fine with me. Take the good and take the bad.

aec4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 26, 2005
damaged said:
He asked you to send CC# data over email? Is this guy Graham retarded, or did he get thrown off the short-bus? I mean it's nice that Robert is an EOE, but this is just scary.
Yep! He claimed I should send it like this:

1234-5678-xxxx-xxxx

exp 01/xx

and then in another email, send it

xxxx-xxxx-1234-5678
Exp xx/07

SimpleSimon

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Feb 29, 2004
Florissant, CO
I used to work for a science fiction convention company that was sending their credit card orders from webguy to treasurer that way. Idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts