Why isnt ABC available in HD??

Granite and dish have other disputes, CBS in Syracuse is a Granite company and it is the only non-HD local that I do not receive.

Are these "directions" available anywhere in PRINTED form so a person can read them while trying to build this.
Voyager's comment should help. But I had it downloaded on a laptop and brought it out in the garage while I built it. I just paused the video (and rewound some) and had it done in less than 1 hour (first time).

The next one I build, I used the original as a model and had the 2nd one done in less than 30 minutes and it worked better.

I'm curious if the 2 crossing points need to be insulated from each other. I'm going to try and I'll post if I get better results.

Granite and dish have other disputes, CBS in Syracuse is a Granite company and it is the only non-HD local that I do not receive.

I have even emailed Ch 7 ABC in Buffalo complaining about it and they claim it is a corporate dispute between Granite and Dish. Granite is in Bankruptcy so that could be part of the reason, and have dumped over half of the long time staff at Channel 7, making it a only a memory of the former great Irv Weinstien and Eyewitness News.

It's so sad that WKBW has fallen to the point that they brought back the old 'Eyewitness News' music.

I wonder if/when this gets fixed and we can get HD on all the locals.

It's so sad that WKBW has fallen to the point that they brought back the old 'Eyewitness News' music.

I wonder if/when this gets fixed and we can get HD on all the locals.

There were rumors spreading that they were gonna drop the local news dept completely and replace it with TWC new 24 hour YNN Station.

To add

Dish may have a contract for the SD ABC, but to add HD is a contract change.

To add to this statement the co I work for isn't carried in HD either. We have 4 stations that are carried by E* in SD but since there is no contract for HD coverage the HD won't be carried until a new contract is signed. It may be as simple as the contract just has not been renegotiated yet. Like ours it will be end of year before the contract comes up again. the problem is not E* but the TV stations have not gone in and put together a new contract with them for HD carriage.

There were rumors spreading that they were gonna drop the local news dept completely and replace it with TWC new 24 hour YNN Station.

That is what happened to WTVH (CBS-5) Syracuse. They got rid of the news department and it simulcast's the NBC local news during the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts