Why no away team MLB games

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Don in CT

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 4, 2013
Central CT
So why can I stream away games but I can’t get them on satellite. Is there a reason they only give home feeds.

So why can I stream away games but I can’t get them on satellite. Is there a reason they only give home feeds.
So, its only Home games on the Streaming side of things ?
I didn't know that ...
I personally hate trying to stream games on the radio.
When I use to have XM, I would use the XM for baseball games all the time, the stations were all organized in a specific area (started around 175 I think)
On the Sirius side (had to change when i went from a Chevy to a Ford) the baseball games are scattered all over the place and not all of them are on, that I can find, so I quit using it for them and just wait till I get home and turn on the TV.
The Streaming side as in off your cell phone vs the Car radio set up is even worse ... I don't have unlimited cell data.

I didn't know that ...
I

That is NOT what he is saying. He said you can stream away games but you can't watch tem on satellite.

It's all about the bandwidth. Remember, baseball season also mixes over NBA, NFL and NHL seasons. There's simply not enough bandwidth for everything. Guess we're lucky they do cover every game on satellite and there is an option to get the feed you desire elsewhere.

Reactions: SamCdbs
That is NOT what he is saying. He said you can stream away games but you can't watch tem on satellite.
He's in the Sat Radio section ....

I presumed he meant that he couldn't get the away version on the SiriusXM ....

Well, at this very moment, I am able to watch both the Home and Away feeds of the Dodgers game.
That said, its late also, so theres not much going on.

Btw, The NBA has its own set of channels, so why would bandwidth be an issue ?
They have plenty, they have the NBA and MLB going on , no NFL yet, they should not be having issues due to bandwidth.

Worst yet, the streaming version has a 2 to 3 minute lag time. Even Hulu live and youtube tv can keep theirs under 40 seconds. The only way I’ll use the streaming app for live sports is if there is no other option, like being region locked while on a cruise ship or traveling out of the country.

It's all about the bandwidth.

This is the correct answer. There are just so many 1s and 0s they the data steam can carry at any one time. Carrying both feeds of the same game is just not possible.

Rarely an issue for me. If I am just listening to a random game, I don't really care which feed I get. If I am listening to my home teams, then if they are on the road, I just switch to AM. Or stream SXM via my cell phone to my car radio.

He's in the Sat Radio section ....

Btw, The NBA has its own set of channels, so why would bandwidth be an issue ?
They have plenty, they have the NBA and MLB going on , no NFL yet, they should not be having issues due to bandwidth.

Sat radio channels are not "real". It is all just one big string of data. Think of it in comparison to FM. FM channels are "real". 104.5 is 104.5 M Hz, an actual place on the spectrum that is either in use or not. SXM is not that. Channel 87 is not 87 anythings. Rather it is just a number made up for your reference. SXM consists of just one big data stream, which they can make seem to be multiple channels. So when there is an NBA game, SXM uses some of its bandwidth to carry it on a "channel", when they are not playing (or whatever it is the NBA does these days) the "channel" is pointed towards a filler file where some guy reads the upcoming games schedule. As with anything, there is only so much data per second they can push, so the more part time sports channels, the less music and talk. This is why when lots of sports are going on, some less popular talk and music channels go dark.

This is the correct answer. There are just so many 1s and 0s they the data steam can carry at any one time. Carrying both feeds of the same game is just not possible.

Rarely an issue for me. If I am just listening to a random game, I don't really care which feed I get. If I am listening to my home teams, then if they are on the road, I just switch to AM. Or stream SXM via my cell phone to my car radio.

Sat radio channels are not "real". It is all just one big string of data. Think of it in comparison to FM. FM channels are "real". 104.5 is 104.5 M Hz, an actual place on the spectrum that is either in use or not. SXM is not that. Channel 87 is not 87 anythings. Rather it is just a number made up for your reference. SXM consists of just one big data stream, which they can make seem to be multiple channels. So when there is an NBA game, SXM uses some of its bandwidth to carry it on a "channel", when they are not playing (or whatever it is the NBA does these days) the "channel" is pointed towards a filler file where some guy reads the upcoming games schedule. As with anything, there is only so much data per second they can push, so the more part time sports channels, the less music and talk. This is why when lots of sports are going on, some less popular talk and music channels go dark.
Thanks for the info ...

However, someone said he's talking about games on the TV, which no one has confirmed as of yet (that I have seen).

Pretty clear he is talking about streaming games on XM and it is true they only broadcast the home stream. You can stream away games on the app, but you cannot listen to them in your car via satellite. He never used the word "watch".

Thanks for the info ...

However, someone said he's talking about games on the TV, which no one has confirmed as of yet (that I have seen).

Not sure if he meqans TV or radio but the post i responded seemed to have it wrong. I n any event I will stay out.

Pretty clear he is talking about streaming games on XM and it is true they only broadcast the home stream. You can stream away games on the app, but you cannot listen to them in your car via satellite. He never used the word "watch".
I was thinking it was a Sat radio question all along, but someone said it wasn't.

Don't worry about it Geronimo, no big deal ...

I'm not sure the OP wanted an answer, seeing he has yet to post back yet, to give us any details.
I thought the op was clear, I can stream every game on the app, but only home games over satellite. I was asking why I can't get home games via sat, where I would want to hear them. Sure I can pull the AM feed but who wants that.

Personally, I think the streaming baseball games is really hard (particularly if your don't have unlimited data)
I look at Sirius Xm as streaming, because half of it is and half is on the actual radio.

I typically scroll thru my Sirius looking for a game, if I do happen to find it, I never really worry too much about if its the home or away, at least I found it.
Then I will keep looking for the home version ...
However, baseball games Sirius throws them in the range of channels I don't get on my radio ... 7-800s, which means I have to screw around with the phone to find it.
By then I just give up.

Football games are easier to find ...
XM made it Very easy and they had both feeds.

Some reason I originally thought you were talking TV.

I didn't know that ...
I personally hate trying to stream games on the radio.
When I use to have XM, I would use the XM for baseball games all the time, the stations were all organized in a specific area (started around 175 I think)
On the Sirius side (had to change when i went from a Chevy to a Ford) the baseball games are scattered all over the place and not all of them are on, that I can find, so I quit using it for them and just wait till I get home and turn on the TV.
The Streaming side as in off your cell phone vs the Car radio set up is even worse ... I don't have unlimited cell data.

Jimbo, if you recall when the satellite radio business launched with Sirius Radio and XM Radio, Sirius had the NFL exclusive and XM had the MLB exclusive so after the merger the Sirius radios were able to get MLB only with the premium package and the channels were scattered. I had a Ford Expedition for 10 years and I never got used to it. Back in a Honda Pilot that has the XM platform, much more comfortable there. Also have a Mazda with XM platform so makes it easier to remember channel numbers.

Jimbo, if you recall when the satellite radio business launched with Sirius Radio and XM Radio, Sirius had the NFL exclusive and XM had the MLB exclusive so after the merger the Sirius radios were able to get MLB only with the premium package and the channels were scattered. I had a Ford Expedition for 10 years and I never got used to it. Back in a Honda Pilot that has the XM platform, much more comfortable there. Also have a Mazda with XM platform so makes it easier to remember channel numbers.
I'm in a Ford F-150 now and I can never finds games I want anymore, same goes with the previous vehicle my Fusion ... but like you said, my since traded in Chevy was great using the XZM side of things for baseball.

Reactions: david_jr
Why do they make it SOOOO difficult to find your game ?
Even looking it up online is a pain ...
Why can't you just go to thier webpage and put your team name in and have it find your game and channel ?

Everytime you go to find something it has to ask you what vehicle your in and what radio and this and that.

Is it that hard for it to say Team- Pittsburgh Steelers and it tells you Sirius channel # and XM Channel # ????

The other part of the issue is, I want to use my RADIO in my Vehicle, not my Phone, which uses my Cell data to listen to a game and most of the time it gives tou a channel like Internet 805 ....
My Radio doesn't go to the 800's

Why didn't they streamline the 2 companies channels. At this point everything should be identical.
Because not all the radios can go up to the number of channels required I believe.

For example, in my 2016 F-150, the channels go up to the mid 200's ... the NCAA football Conference channels are in the mid 300's.

Now if they could fix that with an over the air Update, that would be awesome ...

However, I don't see SiriusXM doing anything to improve thier service ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)