Why no EA on new customer install?

I wanted to have the Tech use a 1000.4 Dish for the 61.5 & 72.7 & hook it to my DPP44 Switch where 110/119 also connects to, but he said that the DPP44 Switch or LNB's burn out over time.

According to several Tech in my area 'The 3 Dish solution is the only one".

We're in upstate NY and have used the 1000.4 and Dish500 with a DPP44 just like you described on a few installs and it works great. IMHO that's the best way to go up here, 110/119/61.5/72 because the 77 signal is very weak here too.

When an order is entered into the Dish Network computer they specify what satellite positions are to be installed. They are still specifying 119/110/61.5 for HD in our market and according to our distributor they have no plans to change that in the near future. :confused:

That's all well and good, but should that be updated to reflect that new HD will be coming on the 72.7 bird, and not 61.5? Turns out, my buddy isn't all that interested in BBCA in HD, but I told him that most, if not all the new HD will be on the 72.7, as per the other notice from Dish...

My home was installed today and was put on the EA. I'm counting my blessing. I agree, he should complain!

Steve

Where are you again? My friend is just outside Portland, ME.

I had the tech's do that and it didn't work to well. Picking up 61.5 & 72.7 both from the same Dish 500 doesn't work that well at all. The signals suck.

I have the tech coming out tomorrow and installing the 3rd Dish. Not to happy about this. I might just scream at Charlie on Monday on the Chat.

I'll be watching! :eek:k:

Well now I pick up 110,119, 61.5 & 72.7 all with 3 ugly Dish's on my roof. WOW, I sometimes wonder why I switched to dish in the first place :-(

I sure hope they switch all the HD over to 72.7 Real fast, because I'll be so happy when I can remove one of my Dish's.

Josh

Not all the HD programming will be moving off of 61.5 but most of it will.

3 dishes will give you the best signals out of any solution.

BTW any of you Maine guys close to Gardiner Maine?

but then the customer loses the stuff on 77W...some is duplicated on 110 but the audio channels and other video channels are on 119 & 77

iceberg i think you would be the one to ask...is the mpeg4 only code for EA related only to the 77 satellite? is that the deal? so 110,119,61.5,72 or combinations thereof be fine for instance with mpeg2 receivers?

Not all the HD programming will be moving off of 61.5 but most of it will.

3 dishes will give you the best signals out of any solution.

BTW any of you Maine guys close to Gardiner Maine?

Any idea what HD Programing will not be moving off 61.5?? I hope they move everything, but the HD in special packages like maybe Sports.

I am 2 hours up the coast from Gardiner, why?

My signals are good in this solution, but it's like the only solution.

Thanks,

Josh

iceberg i think you would be the one to ask...is the mpeg4 only code for EA related only to the 77 satellite? is that the deal? so 110,119,61.5,72 or combinations thereof be fine for instance with mpeg2 receivers?

all the channels on Eastern Arc are MPEG4 EXCEPT for the International channels on 61.5...they are MPEG2

110/119/129 is a mix