Why No Fox Soccer Channel on America Top 200?

ucfgnome

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Feb 6, 2011
Florida
Hi - I have America's Top 200 package which is now $59.99 in price, what I don't understand is how the Fox Soccer Channel is on 120+ but not on the 200 programming.

It makes no sense.

Now in order to get that channel I either upgrade to 250, I can't downgrade because family watches Bravo.

Or I add the Multi Sports Package.

Anyone know if FSC will be part of Top 200 soon?

Thanks

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
Just looking the packages over, I would have to agree with you. Why drop it in what appears to be higher package? I would ask for help from one of the online CSR's here to at least get answer as to why.

ucfgnome

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Feb 6, 2011
Florida
Yeah the Fox Soccer Channel is in the AT 120+ and AT 250 package.

The other option is Multisport add-on.

I am at the AT 200 level. I may just chat with a CSR to see their input, but I would have thought this would also be in AT 200 which is a higher package than AT 120+.

Mojo Jojo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 19, 2009
US
Hi - I have America's Top 200 package which is now $59.99 in price, what I don't understand is how the Fox Soccer Channel is on 120+ but not on the 200 programming.

It makes no sense.

Now in order to get that channel I either upgrade to 250, I can't downgrade because family watches Bravo.

Or I add the Multi Sports Package.

Anyone know if FSC will be part of Top 200 soon?

Thanks

I may have a solution. Key word may unless you are sports fans of something other than soccer (although we do get RSNs with Dish Latino Dos...ESPN 1 and 2 are in Dish Latino Max).
We recently switched from AT250 to Dish Latino Dos. The Latino packages are different in respect to AT packages. You do not get everything in the AT packages, but the channels are not in the same tiers as the AT packages.

In Dish Latino Dos, we get Bravo SD and HD as well as the Fox Soccer Channel SD and HD. I am just basing this on what you said about Bravo and Fox Soccer Channel. If you have other channels that you absolutely cannot live without, then you may want to do a comparison. View attachment DishNetworkComparison.xls My spreadsheet may help give you an idea of what channels are available in Dish Latino Dos (which also qualifies for the HD for Life promotion). Please realize that America's Top 120 is $44.99 and that America's Top 120 Plus is $49.99.

I hope that helps. One more important thing with the Dish Latino packages is the different channel ranges. Some SD channels are in the 800 range while HD channels (except locals and RSNs) are in the 5000 range and not mapped down. For example, Bravo SD is on channel 880 while Bravo HD is on channel 5309. Fox Soccer Channel SD is on channel 877 while Fox Soccer Channel HD is on channel 5306.

Last edited:

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
To me, top 120 or Top120+ isn't the issue. The issue seems to be Top 200 trumps top 120+, both have RSN's. So Top 200 should have Fox soccer just as Top 120+ has. Why should you have to get the multisports in a higher package just to get what is already in a lower package? I see two channels, Fox Soccer and Fuel TV that are in Top120+ that are not in Top 200. Why?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)