Why no news links in the Prime Time Networks section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakebum431

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Norris, TN
Why are we not allowed to post links in the network sections under Prime Time anymore? I don't want to wade through a general links thread to find news about a specific show when there is an actual thread on that specific show already. There must be some logic here and I probably missed an announcement, but what is the reason? Makes no sense to me.

Reactions: osu1991 and klang
It was based on at the time, Google was penalizing sites for post that had lots of links but little content.

But now Google has changed their SEO methods again so I have actually be thinking of allowing them again... but am worried still as the CONTENT is still the King to Google although it seems a lot of the penalties for outgoing links could be a thing of the past. I am still thinking about it and am watching other sites and feedback on the forum webmaster forums seeing if it hurt or helps.

Reactions: Jimbo and TheKrell
Got it thanks. For some reason I've only noticed it in the past couple months. Maybe certain threads just weren't policed as much as others because I'm pretty certain we had links in the Survivor thread much more recently than 1 year ago. If it hurts the site then don't do it, but if not I would appreciate the return of the link. :) That said, certain people who shall remain nameless should refrain from going overboard.

Reactions: Rey and osu1991
Yeah. Survivor wasn't a problem thread. It was pretty much every other thread. I wouldn't mind allowing the links to Jeff's and Dalton's blogs because they really only summarize/recap the episode and talk to/about those voted off. There aren't spoilers or news articles in either of those.

S~

I agree with you Don it did kill some of the conversation.

It sad that we rely so much on Google that we need to change things to keep the Google Machine happy. :(

Yeah. Survivor wasn't a problem thread. It was pretty much every other thread. I wouldn't mind allowing the links to Jeff's and Dalton's blogs because they really only summarize/recap the episode and talk to/about those voted off. There aren't spoilers or news articles in either of those.

S~

Exactly. Kept me from having to go search them out. :)

Again, whatever is best for the site, but I think it actually added to the conversation in the Survivor thread because we also talked about those external perspectives.

Reactions: dfergie
Status
Not open for further replies.