Why no PTAT

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shrike2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 23, 2012
Federalsburg, MD
I have two local stations in HD and two in SD. For many months now, whenever I tune to any of them, all four are visible on one tuner -number 3- on the TV activity page. Since I could manually record all prime time programming every night, using only one tuner, why isn't PTAT available for all four networks for me. Only ABC and CBS - the HD stations - are available to record with PTAT. Actually that's not exactly true, I have actually used PTAT to record all four networks twice. Most times I go to the PTAT programming page, NBC and FOX are grayed out. But sometimes they are available to check. Twice this has worked and all four networks have recorded, but every other time, when I checked back to the PTAT programming page, NBC and FOX where grayed out again. Since all four networks are on one tuner, why no PTAT, Dish?

Check each channel and see if they are all on the same sat. PTAT only works if all 4 nets are on the same transponder. If the sd channels are on a different transponder they can't be recorded using PTAT, AFAIK.
If I'm wrong, someone will correct me.

They are all on transponder 31. Like I said, it has worked twice for all four networks. If it can work even once, why not every time?

He has a million things going in with the Super Joey release probably best to PM him so he takes care of you faster. :)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)