Why no SuperDISH for existing customers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
I just called to order the SuperDISH for future HD channels and was told that the promotion Charlie and Co. spoke about, about existing customers getting SD for free with one year committment to HD pak no longer existed, and that its only for people wanting locals in the areas that the locals are on 105. He said that they are trying to put all the HD channels on 110, he even said that they're trying to put HBO-HD and Showtime-HD on 110. I told him that I did not want 2 dishes and thats why I wanted SD. Anyone try to order SD yet with a similar response?

But from what I have been hearing they are going to be putting new HD on 105, and I also have been hearing that HBO-HD and Show-HD along with the HD demo and HD PPV are going to be put on 105 since there is no more room on 110.

FYI

HD on which sat's:

61.5 Sat:
9425 HD Events
9430 Showtime HDTV
9440 HBO HDTV
9443 Dish HDTV Demo Channel
9453 WCBS-DT (CBS NY)

105 Sat:
9456 HBO HDTV
9460 chowtime HDTV
9466 HD Events
9467 HD Pay Per View
9483 WCBS-DT (CBS NY)
9484 KCBS-DT (CBS LA)
9498 Dish HDTV Demo Channel

110 Sat:
9421 Discovery HD Theater
9422 HD Net
9423 HD Net Movies
9424 ESPN High Definition

148 Sat:
9425 HD Events
9428 HD Pay Per View
9430 Showtime HDTV
9440 HBO HDTV
9454 KCBS-DT (CBS LA)

As you can see, the 105 Sat does not have anything new, although the wings (61.5 & 148) have some variations.

322, 522, 811, 921, SuperDish... all of these seem to me to have the brakes applied to them so as to limit their distribution for now. What gives? Something is wrong when people call with their credit card ready are turned away. I wouldn't be surprised if there is some serious rethinking going on... after all, not everyone can receive the 105 with the SuperDish and that's really got things in a mess.

I hope they put all the HD on 110, then I wouldnt have to get a Superdish, I dont see why this cant be done, if they put all the HD on 110 then people wouldnt have to upgrade to a superdish....

Limited quantities causes them to limit the promotions that they will be offered in. DHP probably makes Dish more money and/or has better qualifying customers on that promotion than the other promotions so they are going to make the 322 and 522 exclusive to those that choose and get qualified for that promotion. This also encourages more new subscribers to take the DHP promotion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts