Why not switch to Dish Network instead of Comcrap?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

txfeinbergs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Ok, I may be opening up a can of worms here, but I see everyone complaining about the direction in which DirecTV is headed with Leases, no new HD channels, no TIVO, raising prices, etc. Then I usually see a statement about "I may have to switch to Comcrap" (or something like that). I never see anyone say "I may have to switch to Dish Network". Why? I am honestly considering switchin to Dish Network as they are adding even more High Def channels Feb 1st and have a new DVR coming out. Am I missing something? It sounds better than Comcast.

txfeinbergs said:
I see everyone complaining about the direction in which DirecTV is headed with Leases, no new HD channels, no TIVO, raising prices, etc.

Maybe because E* is also heading to leases, no Tivo, raising prices, etc. and the new HD channel additions require new equipment to receive them.

The "direction" D* is heading is pretty clear, and has been consistent since they announced their HD expansion. Some people may not have the patience to wait it out, so they are considering switching to Comcast. Switching to E*, who has a much more vague HD plan, doesn't address the reason for switching in the first place.

I think their prices will still be less than DirecTV. As far as the new equipment goes, well, if I switch, I will need new equipment anyway - so not much of a down-side. If you go to Comcast, you will need new equipment also (granted, no up-front cost, but they really ream you on the monthly fees from what I have seen to make up for it - at least in my area)

But the reason people are considering leaving D* is because of the "future" outlook and the deteriorating PQ. Neither issue is addressed by moving to E*.

If you are starting out fresh, than it's a different story - but your original question was framed around those considering leaving D*.

Last I heard, E* wants an 18 month commitment with the new MPEG4 hardware. With Comcast you give them a shot and if you're not happy walk away and then go to E*.

CPanther95 said:
But the reason people are considering leaving D* is because of the "future" outlook and the deteriorating PQ. Neither issue is addressed by moving to E*.

If you are starting out fresh, than it's a different story - but your original question was framed around those considering leaving D*.

True. But for the same money you get a "little bit" better PQ - note the way I worded ;) - and better programming and much better HD lineup.

However Dish is about to raise prices, so I'm not sure anybody with sensitive pocket would be better out... probably not.:(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)