Why should I need to have a new 24 month commitment?

the switch your talking about , is for the hopper 3 and 2 to work together in the same physical location , is that correct? my situation is separate locations
The DPH42 is to allow multiple Hopper 3's and allow looking at 4 sats without requiring a change out of LNBF's for the Hybrid LNBF's. Today, a multiple H3 install requires each H3 to have its own reflector and LNBF's, and if one needs to look at a 4th sat, that requires a separate reflector, as well. So a TWO H3 install looking at a 4th sat requires a grand total of FOUR reflectors. That is a pretty expensive install for Dish. Also, today, Dish will install multiple H3's, but you would need to have a separate account for EACH H3. Not consumer cost efficient.

The new switch will allow installing at least two H3's looking at 4 sats using the already installed equipment in most cases (no hybrid LNBF's required) providing a very low cost upgrade to multiple H3's. AFAIK, Dish will still not allow mixing other boxes with H3's even after the release of the DPH42, but I think there may be a solution for RV folks to allow mixing only one particular box on the same account, but that's it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)