Why should I switch to Directv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ehren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2006
Wisconsin
I know that the Phillies and Flyers CSN-HD broadcasts are in the sports packages now which is so awsome, but I just want HD, not interested in any of the movie channels at all, but the cheapest offers I see are 39.99 with the $23 discount for 12 months, the 2nd year of the contract I am stuck with the regular rates am I correct? I really want the HD DVR so I can sync radio broadcasts of the philadelphia announcers if CN8 or CW-57 has the game and I have to watch via the opposing teams broadcasts. I would miss MLB.TV since I can watch games on my laptop when I am on the road in hotels. UGHHHHHH I'd pay someone to slingbox me all the games :D

Dish will never pony up the money like Directv has to give Philly fans out-of-market accfess to CSN. That's why I am still with Dish and am not in a contract. Hell I don't know what to do my HDTV is going to waste not getting my Philly teams in HD. But just like life there are always pros and cons.

If you need to ask, then you shouldnt.

I think a slimline is the best looking dish so far. It also gives me sats that arent ready to fall out of the sky.

Within reason, ......cost should not be the deciding factor....in short, you get you pay for. Dish has always been the cheap option.

cirectv downrezzes its HD and SD also
Not on any of the MPEG4/Ka HD channels, they are not down rezzed. The only HD that's still down rezzed is the old MPEG2/Ku channels which also have MPEG4 versions ever since D11 went operational.

If you live outside of the philly market NHL center ice gives you mostly a choice between the home and away feeds in HD..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)