Why so many audio channels?

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
I got a replacement hopper and went to reprogram my guide. I noticed that besides the sirusxm channels, there is also DishCD and the audio channels. I wonder why dish keeps those channels active when there is now sirusxm?

The audio channels are pretty low-fi. But the DishCD stuff is pretty good. IIRC it's 48kHz mpeg-2 stereo. I have done no critical listening to the Sirius/XM channels, but I have read on this forum some folks don't like the sound, and describe it as underwater. And I really REALLY dislike the DJs.

I got a replacement hopper and went to reprogram my guide. I noticed that besides the sirusxm channels, there is also DishCD and the audio channels. I wonder why dish keeps those channels active when there is now sirusxm?

Why so many show channels, why so many sports channels, why so many movie channels, why so many kids channels. The more diverse the channels in a package, the more people may subscribe to them.

Not everyone use to get Sirius....use to be
Dish CD was in AT120
Sirius requires AT200
Dish mono channels require AT250

But I think the mono channels still require AT250

Also commercial accounts those options are separate. There are companies who only sub to Dish CD or even the mono only channels.

DISH is a partner with MUZAK and those channels are part of the MUZAK service and were on DISH long before their even was a SiriusXM.

I like Pandora far better than dish's music channels.
The Deep Tracks channel is about the only one I listen to that has variability in the playlist. Classic Rewind is probably called that because they just play the same stuff day after day.

I like to have all the music available. It is nice to have a choice of music only, or to listen to Sirius and have DJs. Some on the New Wave channel I used to listen to years ago in NY. My only complaint is the odd distribution of musical genres. There seem to be dozens of Hip Hop and similar, a handful of classical and no ethnic music other than Spanish. Where’s the Polka party or Irish music?

I like to have all the music available. It is nice to have a choice of music only, or to listen to Sirius and have DJs. Some on the New Wave channel I used to listen to years ago in NY. My only complaint is the odd distribution of musical genres. There seem to be dozens of Hip Hop and similar, a handful of classical and no ethnic music other than Spanish. Where’s the Polka party or Irish music?

There is a polka party program on RFDTV, you should check it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)