Why so many duplicate HD channels; which ones to use?

I just deleted the SD versions (on my favorite list) so I wouldn't see them all the time. It used to drive me insane too.
You dont have to delete them..there is an option under "local Channels" that lets you see HD channel versions only

That's exactly what I do. I locked out any 9XXX HD channel and used the mapdowns exclusively. By using a favorites list, you may miss a newly uplinked channel (unless you check the uplink threads every day like I do anyway). :D

Using the mapdowns seem more fluid and logical. When I had 250+ I could still use the "All HD" guide for that purpose.
I prefer using the 3 digit map downs too but are there any HD channels that ONLY come in via the 9xxx that aren't mapped down? I believe "TEST" is one but then that's usually a duplicate of some other channel anyway.

Time for E* to loose the 9XXX range. I don't think it's as usefull as it used to be. And why don't they map down DiscHDTh and put it with the rest of the Discovery fleet?
There are way too many channels on Dish to eliminate any of the 4 digit channels - that is where these channels actually reside. The mapdown is a convenience created for those who are more comfortable with the SD 3 digit number. Maybe in the next 5 to 10 years when all sd is finally gone, mapdown won't be necessary any more.

This works the exact opposite of the way I would like it to work.

We have duplicate channel numbers for the same stream yet if I want to record Food Network off of 61.5 instead of 129 I don't really have that option. It just does whichever it chooses. I can have a very strong signal on 61.5 and a crappy one on 129 yet it records off of 129 and sometimes the signal drops out while it was recording.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)