Why some channels and not others?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
Lately i have been watching RTV on 87w cband freq 4000 with my 6 footer.The problem is on that mux i get around a 3rd of the channels and the rest no sig showing scrambled.I know that those channels are not scrambled from other reports here and my solomend sometimes will show a channel scrambled when its not.My question here is why dont all the channels come in when the Q and sig strength is the same on all the channels.:confused:

That would be a little hard from where you are located. Here in west central Indiana my 8 footer is only about 10 to 12 inches from touching the ground when I am on AMC7 or 8. It's not a geat signal, but it gets the job done.

Well, at least you get some of them. Nada here. Did come in for a few hours once. Thought it might 'be fixed', But no, they're gone. This time I think for good. (137W works though. Think this is true for quite a few)
Why some show as $ is a good "Q". Got no clue. Guess says weak signal, but only some streams in the mux makes no sense:confused:
I know my S9 blind scan will now and then say 'no channels found' when I know they are there. Scanning the TP will usually get them. (thinking while I type) Have you done a Transponder scan?

Thanks FAT:) I just did a rescan of the TP and now im getting all the channels. Its abit weird on getting this tp!many times when i first turn on the receiver theres a 10% Q then i move the dish a few clicks right or left then boom the sig comes in fine. Heres a pic 20130506_202943.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)