why the drama?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

waltah

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
NE Ohio
pardon me for not being a super active poster, i lurk mostly and just cant believe all the whining on here? :confused:

ive had dish for 3 years and have had 0 issues with billing or customer service and im always changing things and adding this or that, etc, etc...not a single issue with dish or the customer service. in fact ive been more then pleased with it overall.

pardon me for not being a super active poster, i lurk mostly and just cant believe all the whining on here? :confused:

ive had dish for 3 years and have had 0 issues with billing or customer service and im always changing things and adding this or that, etc, etc...not a single issue with dish or the customer service. in fact ive been more then pleased with it overall.
Unfortunately, complainers are more more apt to post here to bitch about things than those of us with good experiences are....

makes sense i guess....i should know better. im a member of multiple auto forums. but it just seems chuck full of whiners in here.

this can be the positive thread i guess. haha

Yep people are much more likely to go online and complain when thing are bad then they are to come online and sing the praises of a company when things are going well.

auto forums

makes sense i guess....i should know better. im a member of multiple auto forums. but it just seems chuck full of whiners in here.

this can be the positive thread i guess. haha

I assume you mean forums that talk about problems then work on a car to fix them. That would be a completely different kind of forum. With satellite (seems like especially E*) one can't fix something that is wrong so much as complain about it. It either works or it doesn't when it comes to programming, and watching vids, and TV shows.

Yep, while Dish has screwed up on me occasionally, I've been pretty happy. But I've also been branded a fanboy.

Thing is, everybody thinks what interests them interests every Dish customer. This is the one place they can come and commiserate with the 5 other Dish customers that are obsessed with the idea of getting, say, CSN Chicago HD full time. (not that that is a poke against anyone in particular, *cough*Bob*coughcough*):)

People here are also big time TV people. So while most people only have 1 or 2 HD DVRs, and the extra fees that Dish charges for extra receivers are no big deal, those that somehow think the average person needs 7 HDTVs all with their own tuners come and commiserate. (not that that is a poke against anyone in particular, *cough*the other Bob*coughcough*):D

I have been with Dish for over 12 years and was happy with my service except over the past year or so. I had added HD service and Dish wasn't delivering all of my SNY Met games in HD and everytime I would call up to find out why they would lie to me. Their usual answer was it wasn't being broadcast in HD, some national broadcaster had the HD rights to the game or SNY wasn't sending them the HD signal. All three of these answers I new were wrong because cable and Direct both had them in HD. I asked them if maybe Dish just didn't have the satellite capacity and they said that wasn't the reason. I finally got one of the operators the other night to say that Dish is working hard on this problem and he offered me some free PPV movies for my problems. This is all after Dish's CEO said that all games would be in HD although all RSN's would not be in HD 24/7 until at least next year when they have more satellite capacity. When I get back from vacation I will be switching to Direct and will be getting all of my RSN's in HD. If Dish had been a little more truthful with me I probably would not of been making the switch but I don't like being lied to.

wierdly i dont have a high def tv, and of the 3 receivers commonly active the 2 722s were in single mode and both receivers on the same tv. this elminated jens complaints of show got deleted why did you do that? or the irriitating both tuners are busy and i want to record this special show.....

the 625 was for other tvs in the house, and sometimes on the deck or in my shed.....

Here?

wierdly i dont have a high def tv, and of the 3 receivers commonly active the 2 722s were in single mode and both receivers on the same tv. this elminated jens complaints of show got deleted why did you do that? or the irriitating both tuners are busy and i want to record this special show.....

the 625 was for other tvs in the house, and sometimes on the deck or in my shed.....

You still here? Why. :D

While I'd like the Disney stuff back, I think Dish has been very good, I have no complaints either. I have more HD than anyone could watch. :)

Besides, when someone posts about a good experience with Dish they are immediately termed 'fanboy.'
That is exactly what I was going to say. I've started threads about the positives of a company or my experience and nobody responded. When I do say something good, even if it is simply to correct a misnomer, I get called a fanboy.

You still here? Why. :D

WHAT YOU THOUGHT I WOULD LEAVE??

No such luck I will remain forever. theres no rule stating you cant post unless you have the provider.

and i am sending sky reports my reason for cancelling and what i think of cable, once cable is on.

hopefully it will get on their website, or better yet mentioned on the e mail news..

someone at E messed up badly, even if multiple dvr customers are 2% of their sub base E shouldnt effectively tell subs we dont want you..........

Wait Wishing Hoping

WHAT YOU THOUGHT I WOULD LEAVE??

No such luck I will remain forever. theres no rule stating you cant post unless you have the provider.

and i am sending sky reports my reason for cancelling and what i think of cable, once cable is on.

hopefully it will get on their website, or better yet mentioned on the e mail news..

someone at E messed up badly, even if multiple dvr customers are 2% of their sub base E shouldnt effectively tell subs we dont want you..........

Yeah we were waiting wishing hoping to never hear from your misspelling hands ever again. :haha:clap

Some people just have nothing better to do than try to claim x service is better than DISH on a DISH forum.

I had DISH from Oct. '07 until Oct. '09. Went to AT&T U-verse, mainly because I wanted their faster Internet. Man was that a nightmare. So, about a month ago, I switched back to DISH, kept U-verse Internet, I LOVE IT. The DVR is a GAZILLION BAZILLION times better than U-verse DVR. PQ is better, can stream 4 HD streams as opposed to 3 on U-verse. Watching TV doesn't slow down my Internet connection anymore.

My only complaint, is the $17 fee for the second 722k I have. However, with the free HD, it still turns out cheaper than what I was paying for U-verse.

I personally don't give a rip about the sports channels that some people complain about around here, I would much prefer my G4 HD, BBCA HD, TLC HD, EPIX, etc. etc.

As far as Disney? Couldn't care any less!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts