I cancelled E today

Bob Haller

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 11, 2003
pittsburgh pa
Because of the extra receiver fee increase Feb 1st my bill went up 30 bucks:( the lame credit was set to end.

I am getting either comcast or fios bundle this week.

I had decided on comcast but heard a verizon commecial they are giving all the premium channels free for a year...

both are contract free. heck i might get both and compare.

E owes me $108 .00 refund that will pay my first month bill.

I would of gone with direct and claude but want the bundled package price. and no contract given my divorce.

In any case hell has frozen over I am no longer a E sub.....

BTW the E rep lied claiming all companies charge 12 bucks a month for extra receivers, he attempted to claim that 17 for a dual ouput is a bargain.......

no doubt this is what he was trained to say.

till i get my new whatever i am using my TIVO for OTA ......

It receivers locals better than my 722

Hallelujah!!!

This is better news than the successful launch of two new satellites this year!

Now if goaliebob would just follow through...

Bob , I'm right with you , I've had enough! I'm waiting for my return box for my 722.
And I'm Done.

I really am starting to hate my HR 23 though. The more and more I use it the more and more I find bothersome issues. I will greatly miss the VIP's.

But not Charlies Lies!

To get either comcast or verizon installers in my basement and garage.

near 3000 pounds of scrap metal removed, 60 bags of trash and 2 weeks of on and off cleaning.I use old machines for parts and used to toss the steel slowly in the trash. but now goiing green recyce the old machines for scrap. on a irritating note it cost me 30 bucks to get my leaking tire fixed after scrap yard stop. metal in tire

i couldnt do this with 3 feet of snow in driveway, and had to wait till my business slowed with summer........ so i took the lame loyalty credit and waited ........

physically i am beat, although theres more to do its easy to walk around down there.

tomorrow i am cutting out all the e coax and taking down my dishes.....

whoa....

Congrats Bob for canceling Dish.

And FYI Direct charges $5 per receiver regardless of what it is. They do have a monthly $7 DVR fee but that covers all the receivers on the account

I looked at moving to DirecTV but it would be $400 up front cost (2HD DVR's + 2HD receivers +MRV) and $55 per month for 12 months then it jumps to $95 per month, and I pay $61 now with dish.

Stayin' put.

I looked at moving to DirecTV but it would be $400 up front cost (2HD DVR's + 2HD receivers +MRV) and $55 per month for 12 months then it jumps to $95 per month, and I pay $61 now with dish.

Stayin' put.

I'm with you for now. I get all the movie channels I want/need and certainly the much better Vip722k is just a sweetener. I will admit to being damned irritated paying $17/month for the 625 though!

D* has some good things going for it. MRV is really nice from what I read, but if you get any HDDVR other than the HR24, you have to have the patience of Job to tolerate it. And of course, no BBCA in HD, nor Epix and the other channels in the Platinum HD.

Because of the extra receiver fee increase Feb 1st my bill went up 30 bucks:( the lame credit was set to end.

I am getting either comcast or fios bundle this week.

Bob,

Best wishes to you. I think E* is high with the extra receiver charges, but I'm starting to see the cable cos charging the same and more. It is supply and demand and until enough people drop E* (or D* or TW etc), the prices will always go up.

Miner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)