I cancelled E today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
i am pleasantly surprised on my experience with comcast 1 day into it so far. the DVR is not as big of a drop off from the 722 as i was expecting. and having MLB channel is great too. glad i swithced

Why

I got a great deal on the 722s i waited till they dropped in price with the release of the 922 was coming soon..... i sure didnt buy them when they were brand new and bug filled. and i own them.

I moved jen out on a tuesday at her request and a buddys girl friend moved in the next day. I needed another person around here and having lived alone before never want to do that again. so the 1 722 for me 1 722 for roomate both on the main tv in living room, which was how it was with jen, and the 625 for other tvs in house and in nice weather on deck, for awhile i had a tv in my shed its 16 by 20 but its a no fun building packed with business stuff right now......

i activated perodically my back up 625 when housegust were here, they tended to watch very different stuff..........

the two 722s gave each of us our own receiver locked in single mode

the extra 12 bucks for the 2 extra recivers was never a big issue, with them connected to the phone line.

but jack rate to 17 bucks each, then add the 6 buck dvr fee. since i had AEP tiull the fee rape.

on feb 1st my bill went up 30 bucks a month, less the lame loyalty discount that was running out. i talked to e twice about its ending, and no one offered to extend it. most likely it wouldnt of mattered, i wanted to cancel in feb but with 3 feet of snow on ground and tons of shop basement garage clean up i couldnt drop e till business slowed a bit..........

well thats all complete now, and i am ordering comcast monday.

i am cutting down nearly all of the e system, and reusing some runs for comcast. thats why i cancelled e early.....

once comcast is in i am going to have fun cancelling fios internet....

Incidently till just recently LED pictures looked way too dark to me. My roomatates boyfriend who worked for sears at the time your pictures look good the ones at the store so dark:( the LED LCD tvs appear to have fixed that, and i will happily replace my 32 inch tube tv which weighs so much i can barely move it..

So why comcrap instead of fios?

So why comcrap instead of fios?

Well I priced BOTH, and decided on FIOS. it was 10 bucks a month less, so I called back to order and the rep quoted me a price 20 bucks a month more than the first one:(

So I tried checking on line but the system failed to recognize me, so I called a disconnect rep and explained the situation. i was friendly and nice just wanted to order and the net price appeared 10 bucks a month lower than all others, but the net wouldnt let me order.

I asked the fellow for help he hung up on me.......

SO COMCAST IT IS.

Its rude to hang up on any customer!! but rude reps seem the norm for FIOS.....

Hang up?

Well I priced BOTH, and decided on FIOS. it was 10 bucks a month less, so I called back to order and the rep quoted me a price 20 bucks a month more than the first one:(

So I tried checking on line but the system failed to recognize me, so I called a disconnect rep and explained the situation. i was friendly and nice just wanted to order and the net price appeared 10 bucks a month lower than all others, but the net wouldnt let me order.

I asked the fellow for help he hung up on me.......

SO COMCAST IT IS.

Its rude to hang up on any customer!! but rude reps seem the norm for FIOS.....

Man if I reacted that way I wouldn't even have utilities. I've been hung up on before & just called back. It could be they just tried to transfer you & got cut off. They could've hit the wrong button, but what ever floats your boat. Now you can go over to the cable and Tivo forums and whine there now.

Well Bob whatever floats your boat I suppose. I don't have the option of trying FIOS in my area since this is Qwest territory and they're so behind the times when it comes to high speed internet it's not even funny. I do have Comcast for Internet & Voice and I had them in the past for three years before I could get Dish again. I will say this much for them:

1) Their customer service has been very good to me. Their phone reps seem pretty well trained and do their best to resolve the issue. Granted I haven't had any issues with Dish phone reps, guess I'm lucky on that front, but my experience with Comcast has been good
2) Having a technician come out to my place, when needed, has never been an issue. I also REALLY like their 2 hour time windows in my area. This is one thing that I would like Dish to try and emulate
3) Picture quality wise in my area the two are about equal or at least to the point where they're trading blows on channels. A channel may look better on Dish than it does on Comcast and vice versa but typically it isn't a huge difference
4) Their introductory price for their services is nice but once that protection is gone their prices shoot through the roof. I was paying over $220 for the Triple play I had with Comcast before I dropped down to just bare basic video (to keep a triple play discount) and switched to Dish for video
5) I really did enjoy their On Demand service with the variety and ease of access. It seems that Dish is trying to improve their On Demand service partially with the DishOnline improvements that are currently being tested. We'll see if this translates over to the ViP DVRs anytime soon.
6) My other sticking point with Comcast was their equipment. To put it bluntly their HD DVRs suck. I don't know who thought it would be a bright idea to put a 120GB hard drive in a HD DVR but they should be slapped. It didn't help that the unit had an interface that looked like it was from the early 90s and Comcast would not allow you to add external storage to the unit. The unit was quite capable of doing it hardware wise mind you, it had an eSATA, Firewire and USB 2.0 ports for crying out loud but Comcast would not enable them for storage. And even if I dropped a few hundred dollars on a Moxi or Tivo HD box I'd still have to pay for a CableCARD and I'd have to use a different box for access to OnDemand content.

I wish you the best Bob although I'm sure this is not the last we'll see of you. I'm sure you'll poke your head in the forum enough to make us wonder if you really did leave Dish for service.

I seriously thought about leaving Dish but saw a friend's Directv HD DVR that he got setup not long ago and I just wasn't impressed. I also think they grandfathered me in on a few discounts since they forced me to trade in the owned 721 for a leased 522.

I am happy with my HD tivo and will upgrade to lifetime service later this summer, right now its pre paid..

Comcast says cable cards are just 3 bucks a piece thats 6 bucks a month for the cable card tivo, its dual tuner.

with no contract i have clout:) hey comcast you guaranteed the price for the first year, its over and you want 20 bucks more? i will cancel.

comcast says they have a adapter for tvs without all the fancies, and it was cheap per month too.

i will visit the comcast offices tomorrow.........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts