I cancelled E today

Bob,

Best wishes to you. I think E* is high with the extra receiver charges, but I'm starting to see the cable cos charging the same and more. It is supply and demand and until enough people drop E* (or D* or TW etc), the prices will always go up.

Miner

well Ds extra receiver fee is 5 bucksa each. they are single output.

so a 722 like confugration would be 10 bucks rather than 17.

plus fios and cable support tivo cable cards at abput 5 or 6 bucks...

Bob will never be happy..perhaps we can get him his own forum

you know i am happy with lots of stuff, but E isnt one of them.......

admittely poor service drives me around the bend, probably because i work so hard to provide good service..........

Just in case some might be interested, using my ViP211 and ViP722 hooked to an OTA antenna, I am getting some amazing stuff lately. But only from about 5 till 8 in the morning and it can only happen in the summer. I am recording stuff like Patty Duke and Mr. Ed from Philadelphia 125 miles away from me on the DVR. I also have external drives with lots of stuff on them.

If I switch providers, do I need to say goodbye to all of my recordings? If yes, that is a big problem for me. I even have concerts from RaveHD and movies from MonstersHD saved. I am thinking about switching but I don't want to loose that stuff. Not to mention the recordings I am getting lately via skip.

If there was a way to save what I have, I would switch to D* at this point too.

admittely poor service drives me around the bend, probably because i work so hard to provide good service..........
Congratulations BOB!! Don't let the jerks get to ya! I can't believe the way they are treating you.:rant:For you have made a good choice to follow your head and heart! Let the fan boys say what they will but you did what you needed to do.:up

Special Offer!
$84.99 per month
for the first 6 months
$104.99 per month for months 7-12
$114.97 per month after promotional period(s)
  • NEW SUBSCRIBERS: Sign-up for Digital Premier today!
    Includes:
    • Over 200 digital cable channels, including HBO, Starz, Cinemax and Showtime.
    • Sports Entertainment Package.
    • Over 17,000 On Demand movies and shows.
    • 45 commercial-free music channels, from Top 40 to classical to hip-hop.
    • Local programming and all the popular cable channels.
    • Easy parental controls that help keep your family safe
    • On-screen program guide.

i am canceling dish network today also. waiting for comcast to bring my DVR and turn the TV part on. i have their internet already and when i seen the price they were offering i took it

harshness said:
You can never be too sure. The last promise wasn't kept.

I wish you better luck with having the Triumvirate of Perpetual Suffering on the D* side.

:) :UP :UP

I would of cancelled back then but was working very long hours, my business booming, and getting either comcast or FIOS tv meant technician visit. running cables etc

My basement shop was far beyond needing cleaned up. 1.5 tons of scrap metal from trade in machines, mostly steel:( wish they were all alunimim or better yet copper.....

60 bags of trash just this week. and theres still more to do. let alone my 16 by 20 shed in back yard......

I could of filled a really big dumpster.

With februarys 3 feet of snow and me needing to put stuff in driveway to sort winter was impossible

this was a nice weather project only:( and I had to wait till things slowed down at work. I am taking today off, my best friend warned me of working too hard and making myself ill...... honestly i could hardly walk yesterday I hurt all over:(

so i need a day or two to recover, but the area is ready for technician visit:)

We're not as young as we once were. And there's no one there to help you should something happen.

Take it easy on yourself.

Get a Hauppauge HD-DVR and you can save your recordings.

Just in case some might be interested, using my ViP211 and ViP722 hooked to an OTA antenna, I am getting some amazing stuff lately. But only from about 5 till 8 in the morning and it can only happen in the summer. I am recording stuff like Patty Duke and Mr. Ed from Philadelphia 125 miles away from me on the DVR. I also have external drives with lots of stuff on them.

If I switch providers, do I need to say goodbye to all of my recordings? If yes, that is a big problem for me. I even have concerts from RaveHD and movies from MonstersHD saved. I am thinking about switching but I don't want to loose that stuff. Not to mention the recordings I am getting lately via skip.

If there was a way to save what I have, I would switch to D* at this point too.

Recorded programs can still be watched after deactivation, assuming you own the box its recorded on. I dont believe deactivated receivers can access EHDs.....

good luck

We are so glad that you have found what you want. Really I mean that. Just hope things work out for you w/ the TIVO cable card. Now are you going to get an HD DVR? If it were me I'd go w/ fios 1ST.

Comcastspecial.acom also has a $100 to $300 rebate depending depending on how many things you bundel, cable tv, phone, and internet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)