Why the hell is that lame network G4 still around?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I see on wikipedia that that channel still exists. I can't even get that channel in my area anymore. All the major providers have dropped that channel, and it seems like no one will want to renew with G4 when their contracts are up. And if the channel hasn't lost any money, they certainly at least aren't making much. Most networks who have come to this stage have shut down long before this, so why not G4?

Looks like my understanding is about what TV Guide said...just waiting on some carriage contracts to expire. I haven't had it on comcast here in a long time which is fine since i dont care to watch old COPS reruns.

Looks like my understanding is about what TV Guide said...just waiting on some carriage contracts to expire. I haven't had it on comcast here in a long time which is fine since i dont care to watch old COPS reruns.
I know that much. But why wait? The ratings now are even worse than before. Just put the network out of its misery.

If you read the articles carefully, you'll find that they haven't added much to their programming library in the last couple years so there may not be much to see.

I know that much. But why wait? The ratings now are even worse than before. Just put the network out of its misery.
money, they're still getting money from the cable systems where they have active carriage agreements. As long as they put something up, the systems have to continue to pay for it, even if no one watches.

Comcast officially killed it in December, that is also when Cox pulled it from their lineup. They really botched this too, it was supposed to turn into Esquire last spring, that got delayed and then they decided to spin off Style as it had more carriage agreements.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)