Why would anyone have Charter?

enoree

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 29, 2005
Why would anyone have Charter?
Was at my GF house last night, in Spartanburg, she has Charter. Her phone and internet were out, she called their CSR , was put on hold for 45 min, never got back to her, she called back, was told that they could come out Friday between 9 and 2, she told them she has to work then, then they said maybe Sat morning, she needs her laptop and internet for her job, told them so, asked for supervisor, she told them she was using her cell and so far had used 65 min,then the idiot asked her right after she told them cell phone if she was calling from the phone that was out! What really ticked her off was the fact that a charter repairman was next door working on her neighbors system and they told her that they could not have him come over next and fix hers, I have NEVER seen such a pathetic company in my life. I hope that they go belly up and a REAL cable company takes over. It is run by idiots.
I have a co-op for my phone and internet ( 10 MB service) and get real customer service and actual reliability.
as far as TV goes I will take my DirecTV any day over Charters lame HD offerings, her picture on her 37" LCD is actually snowy with Charter. She could get a better local picture with rabbit ears.
So, tell me why anyone would have Charter if they had any alternatives????

I agree with everything you said. I have nothing good to say about Charter. If you have HD, I'll NEVER understand why you would want to have Charter. The HD offerings are pitiful. Both Dish and DirecTV have all channels I watch in HD. Charter only has a couple. Their customer service is horrid and their equipment is an embarrassment and outrageously expensive. The only reason I'd have Charter is if I lived in a apartment or someplace where I could not have satellite. But honestly, in that situation, I'd probably rather do without.

I agree that Charter's HD equipments pale in comparison to Dish's, but I thought their customer service is better. A few times I called, I got same day or next day service to come out to install or fix things.

I had Dish Network at my other house, and every time I called, it takes 8 to 10 days for them to send someone out. And I have to on hold for like 20 minutes on the phone.

I have 99.99% up time with my Charter Services. I have Directv for TV and do have it has a cheap triple play. My internet runs better than any of my friends on Qwest, Frontier, Comcast or other providers. Part of my success is my network was installed 8 years ago when I moved in so it was built with user capacity in mind.

But when it comes to HD why you would do Charter over Directv is beyond me. I had Dish Network, pre-HD and had better luck.

here in MN there great for HSI but the tv is ok not many HD channels. I've had them for 10 years and had at least 99% up time and pay 39.00 for 16/2 service was 10/1 free upgrade think know of going to 60/5 for 70.00. So it really depends where you are

I had Charter when I live in Duluth, MN....why? because it was free (included in rent) but it sucked. HARD..

Charter is known to do this little gem with cable. If the TV towers were right there in town they would take the locals (in my case 3,6,8,10,21) and put them on other stations (4,5,12,13,11) but then would put OTHER stations on 8,10,and whatever the cable equivalent to 21 is (72 I think). Then a low powered UPN (yes that is what they were at the time) station started on 12 so when I watched PBS (cable 12) I would get a mix of audio from both cable 12 and OTA 12.....

Couldnt have satellite at the time (line of sight issue)...was ecstatic to move :)

I live in the same area as the first poster.

I have nearby family on Charter, don't know if any of them have HD, but I have never heard any complaints. Sure, when the prices have gone up, but nothing about the service or offerings. I am thinking about switching from Dish Network to Charter to get their cable internet and digital TV bundled. Their exp. basic digital cable offers channels I'd have to go up to Dish's top 200 to get.

I'll check around, but I just don't understand the Charter hate. Never heard any complaints around here.

I'll check around, but I just don't understand the Charter hate. Never heard any complaints around here.

Have you ever had Charter? Switch and come back here in a week. I'm nearly certain that you'll understand. Crappy equipment, high prices, terrible customer service, poor picture quality, lack of HD, rarely adds new channels and I can go on and on. Switch to Charter and find out for yourself. But do yourself a favor and don't close your Dish account until after you've tried Charter for yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts