why would you want dishdvr advanatage

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ediemash

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2005
lakeland,florida
someone correct me if im wrong the at250 is $52.99 with hd it is $20 extra with a total of $72.99, am i correct on this.i asked for no dishdvr advantage and now they have the programming broke down in 2 parts. dish dvr advantage is 49.99 and dishhd with 2 premium package (which they is my hdpack, im not for sure what this bit is about) they charge $40. i dont have hbo,max,showtime, or starz.you add that together you get $89.99, he told me the hd counted as a premium.it sounded confusing to me, maybe you guys can clear this up for me. (also on the bill is dhpp and programming access fee,and of course taxes i dont have a problem with that).

DVR Advantage is 49.99
DishHD is $20 additional
Premium channels with DVR Advantage are $10 each so 2 premiums is $20 total additional

AT250 is $10 add (to bring the DVR Advantage package up to AT250 programming)

If you DO NOT have any premium channels like HBO, Showtime or whatever... then you should NOT be charged for them. It is possible that on the DVR Advantage package, the HD upgrade shows as 2 premiums (because it's $20) but that means you'd only see $20 for premiums assuming you have no HBO, Showtime, etc.

On the regular AT250 plan I have 2 premiums for $22. On DVR Advantage it's 2 for $20

Using the DVR Advantage package teh locals are built in so no extra charge for locals, and the DVR fee is built in so you shouldn't see an extra DVR fee either. What I DON'T know yet is if they'll assess a "leased receiver" fee. My understanding is that if you only have one receiver there's no lease fee and if you have more than one LEASED, then the FIRST one has the lease fee waived. If you have an HD receiver anywhere in the mix then it is considered to be teh primary receiver.

I'm going through this all myself as I prepare to upgrade a 625 to a 622 and add HD programming. The DVR Advantage pack DOES work out to be less expensive even if only by about $4 a month. Money is money.

Oh and I think the dhpp is free with the DVR Advantage.... so have a lok at that as well.

so if you have the at 250 would that be essentially 59.99 (the added 10 for the250) $113.54 seemed a tad expensive for AT250+hd+locals,dvr. when i had brighthouse, i hd pack with them the dvr and 2 receivers and my total was only $85. with big dish i could get all the premiums and their digital pack for $80. my kids wanted boomerang and dish had channels my other privicers didnt have so i went with dish.

so if you have the at 250 would that be essentially 59.99 (the added 10 for the250)

Yes. Including your locals and DVR fee. To add to cparker, I have the DVR-A, and have NO lease fee for my 622, just an old 311.

i just updated to 250 after i already have HD adn a 622. this is what my bill looks like

DISHDVR ADVANTAGE, YOU SAVED $3.98! 49.99
DISHHD 20.00
HDBONUS CREDIT 2 OF 10 -10.00
DISHHD WITH 1 PREMIUM 07/19 TO 08/17 29.01
DISHHD 07/19 TO 08/17 -19.35

The last 2 items ibelieve is for the 250 upgrade and i might be paying just a little less that 10 .. (might be temporary util next bill)

ummad, the only "monthly" parts of that bill are the ones without dates, the first three. That's the standard monthly rate. DVR Advantage price for AT250+HD is 69.99 and you are getting a credit of $10 each month for the HD.

The other two lines is where you changed from DishHD to DishHD with 1 premium (250) on 8/17, showing the plus and minus for current month prorated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts