Wich switch for shaw direct? Help!

zodiac601hd

Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
Mexico City, Mexico
Hi, I just had my shaw direct installed with two separate dishes but I can not watch both with my current connection. First, I used a small switch that reads 0/22khz and each input for the LNB reads 22khz on one side and 0Khz on the other side and is 950-2150mhz. I can only watch the satellite connected to the 0 khz input so I figured I had the wrong switch. Today I tried Perfect Vision 22khz tone switch that the retailer claims works on directv AND shaw direct, but with this one I can not see neither! The installer told me that I need a switch with external power but I don't want to spend any more money until I'm sure what I need. Please help! Thank you.

OK...need some more info

-how many receivers and which model #'s
-what kind of LNB's are they? If there is any writing let us know

If you have the wrong LNB's it wont work

The 107.3 dish (LNB) needs to go to the 0k side and the 111.1 LNB goes to 22k side. If you have one receiver like the 505 that switch you have will work fine

OK...need some more info

-how many receivers and which model #'s
-what kind of LNB's are they? If there is any writing let us know

If you have the wrong LNB's it wont work

The 107.3 dish (LNB) needs to go to the 0k side and the 111.1 LNB goes to 22k side. If you have one receiver like the 505 that switch you have will work fine

Thanks Iceberg.
It is one 505 receiver.
The LNB's are identical. Here is their info:
Ku Band Standard, Dual output LNBF, Dual polarization
* New ROC Brand Dual Output LNBF
* Input Frequency Range from 11.70Ghz ~ 12.20Ghz
* Output Frequency Range from 950Mhz ~ 1450Mhz
* L.O.: 10.75GHz; Noise figure: 0.4dB
* Low Phase Noise for Analog or Digital reception

I tough that they were connected on the wrong input but when I changed them I just watch whatever satellite is in the 0k side.
Thanks for any advice.

ok so you've got the right equipment and it sounds like its hooked up right. I have the same setup (505, 2 dual LNB's and a 22k switch)

So what happens when you tune to say 420 or 700 which is on F2 (111.1)? Does the satellite light on the receiver turn green?

What I would do is unplug the receiver, hook up 107.3 LNB to 0k and 111.1 to 22k side. PLug in receiver and let it boot up. SOmetimes a "hard reboot" will fix the issue

ok so you've got the right equipment and it sounds like its hooked up right. I have the same setup (505, 2 dual LNB's and a 22k switch)

So what happens when you tune to say 420 or 700 which is on F2 (111.1)? Does the satellite light on the receiver turn green?

What I would do is unplug the receiver, hook up 107.3 LNB to 0k and 111.1 to 22k side. PLug in receiver and let it boot up. SOmetimes a "hard reboot" will fix the issue

When I tune a channel on the F2 I get the message "aquiring satellite signal" and the satellite light goes red. Since I can watch F2 connected directly or trough the 0Khz input I tough I had a bad switch (it is new as the LNB's). Do you know if there is any way to test the switch so I can know it is not the culprit? Tomorrow afternoon I'll do a reboot as your suggestion and see how it goes. I'll let you know tomorrow. Thank you very much!

so when you hook the cable directly from F2 to the 505 you get stations like
700 src
711 tva
420 nfl net
559 ewtn

but when you hook the cable from F1 to the 505 you get stations like
400 tsn
302 cbc?
to work

its when you use the switch it doesnt work? sounds like its not "flipping the switch" to 22k on

so when you hook the cable directly from F2 to the 505 you get stations like
700 src
711 tva
420 nfl net
559 ewtn

but when you hook the cable from F1 to the 505 you get stations like
400 tsn
302 cbc?
to work

its when you use the switch it doesnt work? sounds like its not "flipping the switch" to 22k on

It worked!
I did what you suggested and I unplugged the receiver, reinstalled the switch, pluged it back on, waited to reboot and problem solved. Thank you so much for your help!
You saved me from hours of frustration.
Thanks again.

It worked!
I did what you suggested and I unplugged the receiver, reinstalled the switch, pluged it back on, waited to reboot and problem solved. Thank you so much for your help!
You saved me from hours of frustration.
Thanks again.

woot woot!
Glad you got it working. I've learned from having Shaw for 3+ years now when in doubt do a hard reboot. That usually fixes the gremlins :)

Thanks for sharing this info, I am finding myself in the same situation and trying the recipe ordered by Iceberg.

I have this question so the 22khz Perfect vision switch mentioned above,, does not work for Shaw Direct ?

Ok, I have tried the hard reboot by unplugging, hooking up 107 to 0 khz and 111 to 22khz, waited some minutes and plugging receiver again (I also have a 505 and same lnbs. lineal standard) however I only get green signal for Anik F2, HD´s and channels in French.

And no Anik F1 on the 0khz side. However if connect directly I get good signals on either Anik F1 or Anik F2.

The only difference I see between my 0-22khz with the one above mentioned is that mine is 950-2400 Mhz as opposed to 950-2150 used by Zodiac.

Could that be the problem.?

I also tried the Perfect Vision 22khz PV22KHZSW, and then I got some low signal for Anik F2 and eventually none of the satellites, I hooked Anik F1 on Dish 1 and Anik F2 on Dish 2.

Any more ideas, ? I am this close to having everything set up now.....

will greatly appreciate your feedback,,

And no Anik F1 on the 0khz side. However if connect directly I get good signals on either Anik F1 or Anik F2.
thats odd because even if the switch was bad you should still get the 0k side...unless the switch is broken and forced on 22k side

I tried the switch only with Anik F1 on 0khz and signal was there, then I hooked Anik F2 on 22khz, and switched and it worked fine, getting HD channels from that sat. but when I switched back to a channel on Anik F1 no signal, the satellite light went red and I got the acquiring signal message......

I have the hunch the switch is not working...

Thanks for the input Iceberg, I will be alert if you have more input, ideas,,,,

Well, after trying 2 brand new switches, same thing happened, tried one of them with my FTA equipment and same thing, bizarre but only the sat hooked on the 22khz was working. The Perfect Vision 22khz switch did not work, same thing confirmed by zodiac above.
Today I installed another switch but this time a 950-2150 mhz, and it is working fine.

Hi Satellite Guys community, i have a couple of Shaw Direct satellite installation doubts:

Do i need to use an special switch if i want to connect two HD 600 receivers with One 1.10 meter offset satellite dish? a dual standard lnb installed on it. In this case, the satellite dish is pointing to Anik F2 only.

The other question is: What is the proper/correct installation if i want 2 offset satellite dishes pointing one to Anik F1 and the other one to Anik F2, with dual standard lnb's to each satellite dish, for one or more than 2 satellite receivers?

Is there a kind of wiring diagram or something i should read first?

I really appreciate any help or suggestion about this Project...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts