Wide screen TV settings

MikeC

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
Just got a new wide screen TV. Are there any settings that I should change on my Glorystar receiver (DVR 1100c)? Do any Glorystar channels broadcast in HD?

Mike

Depending on your preference, you might try setting the receiver's OSD setting to 16:9 and adjust the TV ratio settings. You might find that you prefer a combination of TV settings with the receiver in the 4:3 mode or 16:9 setting.

None of the Christian broadcasters on G19 or AMC4 are currently broadcasting in HD.

I have a Samsung Plasma and I've found the best settings for us is set the receiver to 4x3 and use the TV's "wide fit" setting which does a pretty good job of stretching it to 16x9 with the least amount of distortion.

But you need to play with various combination until you find what looks best to you because every TV handles it differently.

So is it possible for channels to broadcast in 16:9 and not be HD? How can you tell?

Letterbox SD is an example of 16:9 (or other WS ratio) being broadcast in a 4:3 format and usually in standard definition.

You may also see SD content that was obviously shoot in a different ratio. Saw content yesterday on Vision Heaven that was very distorted in 4:3. Selected a different screen format on my wide screen TV and the display appeared much more normal.

So is it possible for channels to broadcast in 16:9 and not be HD? How can you tell?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts