Widget Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
I thought it would be a good idea to suggest what widgets we hope/like to see.

I myself would like a weather widget that would utilize my cable connection so I can instantly get the weather.

Other ideas would be sports tickers, news, and rss... all using broadband.

I'm sure some if not all of these are in the works, but this is pretty exciting.

Let the idea's flow - widgets is a design that has unlimited potential.

I'd like to have a function for news headlines - local and national.

As I posted in another reply, I would like to see a "quick stats" widget that would show things like internal temp, space available on drive, a "My Favorite Team" sports ticker, Countdown reminder of upcoming recordings (something like "you have 5 minutes until both tuners will be recording and live TV will be cut off" or something like that)...more ideas will come I'm sure.

I thought it would be a good idea to suggest what widgets we hope/like to see.

I myself would like a weather widget that would utilize my cable connection so I can instantly get the weather.

Other ideas would be sports tickers, news, and rss... all using broadband.

I'm sure some if not all of these are in the works, but this is pretty exciting.

I like the weather idea and a local LIVE doppler radar would be nice.

Jimbo

I guess Widgets are something that are already out there. I did a google search for widgets, the first site was yahoo widgets.
I searched that site for "michigan radar" - thinking of a local radar widget, and BOOM, the first one was this:

MichiganDoppler! - Yahoo! Widgets

This widget thing may have big potential - and unlimited characteristics.

For those not familiar with widgets, here's my desktop. On the right is the Windows Vista sidebar. It is a widget engine and similar to many other engines out there.

I have 5 widgets docked:

1. Weather
2. Calendar
3. News Ticker
4. Photo Slideshow
5. XM Radio

widgets.jpg

I have a few widgets in windows. I use to have too many widgets when I was running Gentoo.

Attachments

• grydlokdestop.jpg
    grydlokdestop.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 128
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)