New Feature Suggestion.

twizt3dsist3r

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 15, 2009
Pennsylvania, United States
Well since my suggestion for DirecTV2PC actually did make it into a beta release (way back when i said i used a program called always on top, and d* implemented it yay) I figured i would through out something in here for the receivers, this would be a simple feature that should blanket all models. A built in sleep timer. E* has it, I need my tv on while i fall asleep and my dish boxes turn themselves off automatically after 2-3hours of inactivity. Yea I know i could just hit the sleep timer on the tv, but that would involve me finding the original remote to the tv, as that feature cannot be programmed onto ours. And since adding the remote feature would be dependent on every brand of television, it would be easier just to have the box turn itself off to conserve power after say 2 hours of not hitting any buttons. Opinions? maybe im just lazy...

You will save more power by turning the TV off, if you just turn the D* unit the tv is still on, not a good idea. So are you to lazy to find the tv remote "YES".

I think sleep would be a good idea. My TV turns off after 10 minutes of no signal from the HDMI port, and it is a pain to turn on sleep on the TV.

I like that idea. I have parental timers set on my Directv equipment so that every 4 to 5 hours, it requires a pin code to stay live. It would be better if the equipment went to standby after 10 minutes of inactivity (after no response to enter pin) so I no longer find the screen saver running reminding me that I left it on and unattended. I'll be honest about it; sometimes I get distracted and forget I've left it on when I get involved with other things. Falling asleep in front of the TV can happen too.

Hey Directv; think green. You may also help save on utility bills as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)