wierd - 622 has ip address/dhcp and NOT PLUGGED IN!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I was going to say 117 VAC myself...

A UPS would work for trumpit's blocking needs as well.

Uh oh.

I have a 622 and a new purchased 722 on the way. 2 different accounts. One here and one "moved". No piracy going on here- only one receiver on each account. The plan was going to be to connect one to the home telephone line and one to the home DSL LAN. Are they going to talk to each other over homeplug and send back the same IP address to Dish even if I don't want them to?!

Should I get a VOIP adapter and VOIP account and have the new 722 use the VOIP phone to report its location instead of the LAN? (I wouldn't plug in the LAN cable to either receiver in that case.) Or how about a power line isolation transformer to keep the homeplug from working? Would a UPS work?

If you can change the default network encryption key on one of the receivers to something other than "HomePlug", the two will not be able to communicate with each other.

I don't think that Dish is going to fall over themselves to address a customer who decides to pay two bills instead of one.

I don't think that Dish is going to fall over themselves to address a customer who decides to pay two bills instead of one.

No, but some customers have security concerns that their neighbors served from the same transformer could see their network if all keys are the same default value.

I didn't think the key could be changed by the user yet. Maybe in a future firmware rev?

Maybe not from the 622 itself, but if you can find out the passcode to the HomePlug chipset inside you can set it remotely from your PC using the software utility that came with your Powerline to Ethernet bridge connected to (or embedded inside) your router. I haven't seen a production 622, so I don't know if that info was printed on the back panel or not. Typical HomePlug devices have the passcode printed on the label on the back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts