Wierd Dish500 Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Cool. I emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com and they are sending out a tech this next Wendsday. If he can't figure it out, I will be sure to have a copy of this printed to show him. Thanks Eastern!! Also, do you remember the name of the guy that come out from Walla Walla?? It wasnt Shane with Complete Custome Wiring was it?

dispatcher_21 said:
Cool. I emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com and they are sending out a tech this next Wendsday. If he can't figure it out, I will be sure to have a copy of this printed to show him. Thanks Eastern!! Also, do you remember the name of the guy that come out from Walla Walla?? It wasnt Shane with Complete Custome Wiring was it?

The repair order was arranged by dish. They contracted with someone in northern Idaho(yes that is correct) who contracted with Precision Satellite in Touchet. I don't remember the name of the specific technician. All I remember was that he was not a happy camper. He expected a simple repeaking. What he got was a complete install with pole mount but without the wiring. He also had to supply two single LNB's to replace my dual 500 LNB. Also the two singles he had on his truck were Dishpro and I'm running a legacy system so he had to travel to Pendleton to get two legacy singles. He also didn't have a functioning signal meter so I don't know how he expected to do a good repeaking. Luckily I was able to do it the hard way.
I don't remember his name because he didn't make much of an impression on me. I supplied the technical knowledge and he dug the post hole and poured the cement. Dish should make sure their installers and repair people aware of the exact problem before they come. It would make the installer's life easier and result in a happier customer.

One thing I did that was helpful was to record(on my 522) 5 minute chunks of programing over several evenings which displayed the progress of the evening signal fade. That is, 5 minutes at 4pm, 5 minutes at 5pm etc. until total signal loss. I also wrote down signal strength which corresponds to each recording. That was helpful because the guy's first response( this was in the morning) was that your signal is good now so it is always good irregardless of time of day and then he was ready to go on to his next job.

Luckily that is behind me now. To be clear, my evening signal fade was only on one channel (KYVE #9371 or 47Yakima also known as KCTSSeattle) on one sat.(119) on one spotbeam(3) and the low signal and evening fade is not present on my two Portland distants which use the same sat. spotbeam.
I still think there is a diurnal signal variance in how KYVE/KCTS gets their signal to Dish, or a diurnal variance in how dish uplinks this one signal to their system, or some other malfunction in dish's system involving this one channel.

My problem is solved. Good luck on yours.
cheers.

Well, the tech came out, which is the retailer who sold it to me, I thought that was strange. Anyways, he switched out the lnb and it worked perfectly. On the way out, the tech tells me that if it does it again, that he will RA the 811 because some of them will send to much voltage to the lnb and slowly fries them, and since this is my 3rd lnb, he thinks that is what might be going on. Anyway, its a day after the repair and guess what?? The problem is back so the 811 will be going bye bye for a new one. Hopefully that will fix it forever. Also, could this be a grounding issue?? As it is now, it is grounded only on the grounding block where the cable from the dish connects to come inside.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)