Wierd DVR Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

willywonka

Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
Central Washington State
I have had Dish for years, upgrading to the DVR, then the HD DVR (722). No problems at any time UNTIL I started using the 722. Since I got the 722, I have replaced three of them for assorted reasons. I have noticed that the newest one (No 4) has rebooted itself 3 random times when the phone rings! We display caller ID and three times the DVR has locked up for a few seconds then did a hard restart.
The phone line also carries Internet DSL, I have the filter plugged in line with the DVR. Do I need some sort of phone line suppression device? The DVR has also rebooted at random times when no phone calls come in. I have it in a well ventilated area, so it isn't getting hot. I am going to check the power polarity, I am thinking about getting a computer UPS.
Maybe I just have another bad DVR????
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Bill

I have had Dish for years, upgrading to the DVR, then the HD DVR (722). No problems at any time UNTIL I started using the 722. Since I got the 722, I have replaced three of them for assorted reasons. I have noticed that the newest one (No 4) has rebooted itself 3 random times when the phone rings! We display caller ID and three times the DVR has locked up for a few seconds then did a hard restart.
The phone line also carries Internet DSL, I have the filter plugged in line with the DVR. Do I need some sort of phone line suppression device? The DVR has also rebooted at random times when no phone calls come in. I have it in a well ventilated area, so it isn't getting hot. I am going to check the power polarity, I am thinking about getting a computer UPS.
Maybe I just have another bad DVR????
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Bill

Line filter, UPS, and I suspect a bad filter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts